Tuesday, October 27, 2020

 Gosh, what a yucky morning. It’s cold and raining, and grey. I could sit right here in my recliner and fall asleep pretty easily except that I had a really good night’s sleep.We went to bed around 2300 hrs which for us is at least one hour early, more like two. We are pretty much night-owls. Ms. Kate was up at 0630 and went to her computer. I was awake when she got out of bed but laid there and dozed on and off for another hour. I got out of bed about the time she was turning the light off in her office and she was headed to the couch to snuggle under her couch blanket but I convinced her to go back and crawl under her covers, —- she’s still there. Being old retired folks does have it’s benefits. You can go to bed when you want and get up when you want and you can even have ice cream for breakfast if you want. We don’t, —- but we could. LOL

I got some good work done yesterday I got the front and back yards all mowed and leaves mulched up. I also got the rest of the peonies all cut back, the okra cut way back and several other yard things done that I needed to do. There is still a lot of things that need to be done but, one thing at a time. That’s probably all I’m going to get done outside this week because it is supposed to be cold and rainy the rest of the week. we’ll be picking up the outer bands of Hurricane “Zeta” that is going to make land fall on the gulf coast tomorrow evening. Those poor folks on the gulf coast have had a terrible hurricane season with one right after another. They don’t get the damage from one storm cleaned up before another one hits. Pastor Art and Dixie are in their condo in Gulf Shores right now and they plan to leave in the morning to come home before the storm gets there. We are planning on heading down to Biloxi in three weeks and I hope all of the hurricanes and storms have passed by then. Biloxi sits right on the Gulf. 

I don’t think I told you; the pastoral candidate that my home church was really hoping and praying for turned them down for another opportunity. Big disappointment there. They had really “rolled out the red carpet” for him and it was a good offer. And the fellow was a really like able guy. But, ours is not to reason why, the search committee just needs to go back to work. As I told them, God has the right person out there somewhere. It’s only been Sven years that they have been looking; —- no need to rush. LOL

Despite the rain, I have a lot of guests at the Backyard Buffet this morning. I have several cardinal, a couple of Red-headed woodpeckers, some finches, nuthatches, downy woodpeckers, wrens, and a starling or two, and a couple of squirrels are also running around out there. Their ability to climb the poles though is hampered because the poles are wet and slippery. They look like yo-yo’s trying to get up the pole and sliding back down. It’s amusing, what can I say. 

That’s it for today my friends. I have writing to do today so I’m going to fix myself an egg or two and some toast and then get busy. I pray you have a wonderful day. Stay warm, stay safe, and stay in touch with God. Peace. 














No comments:

Post a Comment