Friday, October 2, 2020

 47 degrees??? What’s up with that? And a high today of 61??? Next thing you know, we’ll be having “frost on the pumpkin”. My cousin Debbie posted a picture of their yard this morning and it looked like it was frost covered although I know it wasn’t. They have a beautiful yard setting over in DuQuoin, IL. The yard is large and they have a nice extra large pond, (with plenty of catfish in it). The dew was obviously thick and the steam coming off of the pond made for a beautiful picture. They constantly have deer in their yard. Of course that means they also constantly have deer in the corn and in the soy beans which is no bueno. The deer come right up and look in their windows. It is the blessings of country living. 

I have a full register of guests this morning at the Backyard Buffet. Cardinals, starlings, blackbirds, finches, woodpeckers, mockingbirds, blue jays, wrens and squirrels are all out there tis morning. It might not be country living, but it is certainly a blessing to see them all. Besides my regular bird baths, I have two very small little “dishes”, I guess you could call them, tat I hang out there for the finches and other really small birds to drink out of. They will almost always go to those first before they will go to the birdbath. I have to fill those little containers about every three days. The “micro-birds” are so cute. 

I spent some time out in the flowerbeds again yesterday. I finished up the one by the street on the north side of my driveway. I got the peonies, iris, and lilies all cut back and the bed raked. I need to put some Preen weed control down on it, but I need to wait until I know it is going to rain so it gets watered in. Tat is just one of the many beds that I need to take care of. I should be out there every day doing some of it. But, there is time yet. Time is one of the things I seems to have a lot of. —- Energy is what I don’t seem to  have a lot of. I’m stiff again today from yesterdays little adventure. I need to take some Tylenol this morning. 

Ms. Kate and I still have not made it to the grocery store. Obviously we aren’t hurting for any groceries. We just have stuff that we are out of. LOL. But today we are meeting Bob and Brenda for lunch and we will go do some grocery shopping after that. It is a beer and schrooms day. We’ll meet at St. Joe Inn. Since it’s Friday, that means cod for lunch. 

Speaking of which, I better get off of my duff and get ready to go. It is Friday my friends and that spells weekend. Weekend should also mean church. Plan to go and have a conversation with your creator and give thanks for another week of blessings. Peace. 















No comments:

Post a Comment