Wednesday, October 7, 2020

 Hello Wednesday! You snuck right up on me didn’t you. And, — rumor is that you are bringing warmth and plenty of sunshine with you all day. So welcome to to my world. 

I just never got around to writing yesterday because I had too many other things going on. The biggie was that I decided that I was Ted to get my sermon for the 18th written and the service all ready. Jacob, our resident master of the technology plans to be gone over the 18th and I wanted him to be able to get the A/V slides all ready for whomever is going to be filling in for him. That meant I had to get my part all finished first. So, I spent about six hours working on that and also proofing the sermon and service for this coming Sunday. Today we will go up to the churches and run the bulletins and set the pulpits up. I’ve already emailed the bulletins to the two organists and liturgists, and Jacob. 

Let me tell you about my latest raccoon adventure. I was sitting in the sunporch reading on Monday night and I heard the obvious sound of footprints across my sunporch roof. I heard it/them get over as far as the edge of the roof and I got up and went to the doors to watch for them. I figured it was raccoons rather than squirrels because I’ve never seen squirrels at night. Sure enough there were two young coons in the tree and they were trying to figure out how to get down from the tree. I have moved all of the feeders out of that tree and have trimmed out a lot of the branches. But eventually they managed to get down. At least one of them had already spotted me but paid very little attention to me. Once they got down I opened the door and hollered at them to scare them off. Instead of running off —- the dang thing tried to come in the house with me standing there in the doorway. I slammed the door fore he could get to it and stood there. I knocked on the door and it just ignored me. I opened the door again and yelled it and here it come back again like I was inviting it in. So I closed the door again and went and got my BB gun. I couldn’t open the door enough to really maneuver the gun very well and I miss it a couple of times before I finally made contact with it enough to sting it a bit and they took off. I have baffles on almost all of the feeder poles to prevent the squirrels and raccoons from getting to them. I moved the feeders out of the trees because the coons constantly knocked them off and sometimes even carried them away. I don’t even bother to set my traps out now because the local animal control says that DNR hasn’t licensed them to remove wild life. So, I reckon we’ll deal with them. Once they learn that they have nothing to eat here, thy will move on. That’s my story, — and I’m sticking to it. 

The COVID cases and deaths are on the rise once again. Too many people are just not following the guidelines. I hate the mask wearing but I do it and so does Ms. Kate. We go so few places although we have ventured out a little more. But we still only go to the grocery store when we really need to and most of the meals that we eat out are done by delivery or pick-up. Other than that our only place is church. We did get our flu shots already so hopefully that will help us fro that problem. 

Time to get my day started. I hope your Wednesday is a great one. The work-week will be half done by the end of the day. Give thanks to God for blessings received. Peace. 










No comments:

Post a Comment