Saturday, October 3, 2020

 Another beautiful day; a bit chilly again but tolerable. The temperature has gone up seven degrees since I sat down here. Once again I think we will top out at about 60-65 degrees today. 

We had a good day yesterday. As I told you, we were to met Bob and Brenda for lunch at St. Joe Inn. As soon as we all in, Linda, our waitress pours the it her of beer and brings Ms. Kate her diet Ski. Then she puts in the two orders for the fried mushrooms. You can tell that we are regulars. It was a good lunch visit. Brenda has had a crappy week at work and ended to vent to someone who would just listen. Sometimes we all need that outlet; just someone to listen, not agree or disagree, but just listen. I need to follow up with her today t see if she is feeling better about the world today. 

Once again we were supposed to go to the grocery store yesterday after lunch, however, we came home and took a short nap. Then I went out to the flowerbeds and got started on them again. I filled two of my 40# birdseed bags as full as I could get them with black eyed Susan’s and cut off peony clippings. I still have a bunch of the black eyed Susan’s to pull up in that bed and lilies today pull all of the dead leaves from. I’l then go trough with the weed trimmer and take it all to the ground and then rake it all up. I expect to fill maybe three more bags before I done with that bed. It goes from the street to the house, so probably 25’X80’. When we moved here, that part of the property was all yard with a really ugly cedar tree in it. It is all bank and uneven and was a mess to try to mow. So I dug it all up and we made a giant flowerbed out of it. But, boy did we create some work for ourselves. It is beautiful when it is all blooming but the work that gos with it sometimes makes me question our wisdom. We never considered that we would be getting older and wearing out sooner. It seemed a lot easier twenty years ago when we were thinking of retirement and buying a house. 

I think it is time to heat up an English muffin and slap some jelly on it to go with my coffee. Then I need to get into my work clothes and head back into the yard. Have a wonderful day, enjoy the sunshine, give thanks for your blessings. God loves you and I lift you up n my prayers. Peace. 











No comments:

Post a Comment