Thursday, October 22, 2020

 Bright sunshine with a breeze today and already 67 degrees and going up to about 85 today. I think it will be a great day to go stand in line and vote. Early voting has been going on for a week or so and the lines are long. This years election for President of the United States is maybe one of the most contentious that we have had in years and years. The lies and the mis-information and dis-information surrounding the candidates is horrendous. Our current president is not a politician and the establishment hates him because he tends to be rude and crude and refuses to play along with long established corrupt practices. He’s running against a party that is promising free everything and they play with sympathy to very fringe group in society in order to gain votes. As a person, I probably would not choose our president as a best friend  but I think he would be a loyal friend that would look out for my best interest. Our current Vice President, from everything I know about him is a total stand-up guy with excellent morals and values. 

The opposition candidates has been in politics for 47 years, has become a multimillionaire on a government salary, was Vice President for eight years, has accomplished absolutely nothing as a senator or Vice President except to raise a lot of taxes and has chosen a running mate strictly because she is a woman and a person of color. There are a dozen corruption scandals surrounding him that the media refuses to acknowledge and he has a hard time remembering his words in front of an audience. 

Realize of course that everything I just said is my opinion and my opinion only, but it is the opinion that I will take to the polls with me. Others will think exactly the opposite of me and that is okay and that is why we vote. I pray, and I pray often that once the election is over, regardless of who wins, that this nation can come back and be one nation, under God because if we don’t, I fear there will be blood shed. So my friends, I ask you to join me in prayer for peace. I ask you to be sure and go vote. I’m sure it is obvious who I’m voting for, and I hope that if you vote differently, we can still love one another  and be Americans first, and Republican or Democrat some where down the line of of priorities. Peace my friends. 








No comments:

Post a Comment