Thursday, October 8, 2020

 Good morning on this bright and beautiful day. It is 64 degrees and heading to 84, — bringing a touch of summer back. Yesterday it actually got up to 89 degrees. Ms. Kate and I went up to the churches to take care of business and on the way we picked up a couple of Subway sandwiches and drinks for lunch. St. Lucas has a nice Maple tree at the edge of the parking lot and we like to go up and have a “picnic lunch” under that tree. The breeze was blowing at about 7mph across the corn fields and it was extremely pleasant siting there having our lunch. The only thing that could have made it more pleasant would have been if they were actually harvesting that field so we could watch them. 

My parish is mostly all farmers and I love being around them. These guys aren’t “after-work” farmers like my dad was. These folks farm hundreds of acres. Brenda, my St. Lucas organist, texted me last evening and said she “was taking off work today” because she had to get on the tractor and spend the day discing the fields. That gal is a “work-a-holic”.  She is a full time nurse, farmer/farmer’s wife, the church organist, mom to three grown children & grandma to nine grandchildren that she often “babysits” for. Plus, she also  looks after her dad. Her dad is Bob, whom I talk about frequently. Bob is getting to a point where he has to be looked after frequently. So she spends one day a week cleaning his house and getting his laundry done. Brenda and Bob are my “buds”, and they are our best friends from the parish. 

It is ging to be a great day today because Julie is coming over. She is bringing me my birthday present. My birthday of course was in July but the present she ordered for me just got to her house. I already know it is a waffle maker. But is supposed to be a “fun” waffle maker because the waffles come out looking like “lego bricks” so you can play with your food and build stuff with your waffles. It’s a silly thing but I think it is cute too. I had ordered her a birthday present from on-line and it turned out to be a scam thing. Instead of the thing that was pictured all big — I got the product that was in the “fine-print” and it took forever to get the useless product. I should have known the price to the product was too good to be right. 

After Jules leaves today, I think I will go back out into the flowerbeds and do some more trimming back and winter prep. The leaves are really starting to fall and I need to clean up some of that. There is always something to do isn’t there? I think I am going to go ahead and settle on our June vacation property today too. I don’t want to lose this place that I’m looking at. 

That’s it for today. Have a great Thursday. Peace. 




  








No comments:

Post a Comment