Thursday, July 30, 2020

Rainy day today, tomorrow, and Saturday is the prediction. I woke up to heavy rain at around 0500. We are in a lull for a bit and then it will start again. But, I guess we needed it.

This morning I have a funeral to do with Pastor Art out at Zoar. I always hate when it rains on a “funeral day”. But then everyday is a funeral day for thousands of people isn’t it. I just feel like it adds to the sadness of the family. I don’t expect there will be a lot of attendees at this funeral. First of all of course, the Corona Virus will keep some people away, and then the fact that it is being held on a Thursday morning, a work-day, will also pray down the crowd. Art said he thinks the man is being cremated but I have no idea. Anyway, visitation starts at 1000 and the funeral starts at 1100. After the service, we will go to the cemetery and do the committal service and then I’ll head home. I think Ms. Kate may go with me but I’m not sure. We’ve known the family for years.

We went to Schnucks yesterday so I could do a little grocery shopping I only had three or four items to pick up. From there we went to the orchard to get some peaches. When I reached for my billfold, it wasn’t in my pocket. I realized that I had left it laying on the counter at Schnucks. So, we backtracked to the grocery, get my billfold, and then back to the orchard. What a dunce I am. We picked up another twenty pounds of peaches. Ms. Kate will be making peach pies tomorrow, yummmmm!

We are so looking forward to Steph and Chris & Caden dropping by here for lunch on Saturday. Jim and Jules will be here too so it’s a double daughter blessing day. Now if only the other two could be here too. But, we’ll take what we are blessed with. Steph and Chris are on their way to Michigan to watch her son play in a golf tournament. I hate the fact that they wil be driving all the way in rain. Pray for their safe travels please.

Guess I better start getting ready for the funeral. Have a great day. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment