Saturday, July 11, 2020

And a blessed Saturday to you. It is 81 degrees and the “real-feel” is 91. Yuk already. But the sun is shining and the birds are singing and the fat squirrels are getting fatter as they sit there and clean out my feeders.

Last night I was sitting in the kitchen having a snack and a dang mouse ran along my baseboard into the the dining room. I immediately went and got a trap and set it in the path that I figured it would use to on its return trip, and sure enough, this morning I carried his carcass out to the yard. I don’t know why we suddenly have mice. Last weekend I killed one in the sunporch. There are two that I know of in the basement. I saw one of them last night while I was downstairs. Although that is the first time in a week that I have seen the downstairs two and they have avoided my traps down there. I may need to rebait the four traps I have down there. But, I have sent a message to Terminex and am asking for an estimate. We are also seeing what I believe to be carpenter ants. They look like those big ants that you see out around oak trees. They really have a hard shell and are hard to kill. You can’t just what it, we generally grab a Kleenex and squish it between our fingers. So, depending on price, Terminex can deal with them too.

Ms. Kate is boiling some eggs this morning and is going to make some tuna salad today. I love tuna salad or just plain egg salad. I’m a “plain foods” type of person. I love soup, especially if it is some that Ms. Kate has made. But, I can go for days just eating Top Ramen, and have in fact done that. When I was a young Captain I went to Squadron Officers School down at Maxwell Air Force Base. It was an eight week course and I had a dorm room and the dorm had a communal kitchen. I think I made Top Ramen for probably 90% of my meals, and I never got tired of it. Even now, if I’m foraging for something to eat, I’ll just grab a package of Top Ramen. They say it is terrible for you because of the salt, but it works.

I think today is going to be a sermon writing day. My buddy Art is already done with the last Sunday in July. I used to be that way it have gotten behind. Well, not behind, but certainly not ahead yet.

That will do me for today. This Saturday and tomorrow is the Sabbath. Please go and spend time with the Lord God. If you’ve made it this far into the week, then I guarantee you that God has blessed you in a thousand way. Take time to acknowledge that and give God the praise God deserves. Peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment