Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Hmmm, I wonder, are these what are referred to as “the Dog Days of Summer”? I never knew exactly what that phrase meant. I think it means long, hot and humid, but I don’t know. But, if it is, that is what we have going on. We are in our sixth or maybe seventh day of officially being in a heat wave. Our forecaster said last night that yesterday was our hottest day of the year so far and I think today is to be a twin to it. I think he also said that we have to have maybe six days in a row above ninety for it to be considered a heat wave and that we didn’t have one at all last year until September or October. Whatever, —- all I know is that it is miserable out there. I just came in from filling the bird feeders and I am drenched with sweat. But, all of my guests should be happy now. I filled 15 feeders. And of course the first guy that shows up is a dang blackbird who will share the news and then the whole flock will show up.

I bought a new kind of finch food yesterday. Normally I jus buy Nyger thistle seed but they seem to have gotten of of that for now. I talked to the ladies at Wild Birds Unlimited yesterday and they said they have been hearing that a lot. So she recommended Nyger seed blend that her customers have said is working. I was surprised when she told me she seldom has any finches. I have them year around. My big Red Headed Woodpecker just arrived. He is so very beautiful and he doesn’t take crap from the blackbirds. And the Cardinals have discovered that thhe feeders re full and here they come. This is exactly why I lose two hours of my day every day.

Today, I’m heading to the basement and am going to finish my sermon for the week and possibly get started on next weeks. We’ll see how it goes. I should have worked on it last night and then I could have gone to the churches and run the bulletins today and had that out of the way. But, I was lazy and sat and watched television. That is unusual for me to do. Generally I’ll get started on a show and then I’ll think of something that I could add to my sermon or something else I need to research and I’ll leave my program and do some work. My brain doesn’t shut down very well. It really doesn’t matter though because everything on TV is re-runs now anyway and I’ve already seen them.

My coffee cup is about empty so I guess I better quit sitting here watching birds etc and head on down to my office. Have aa most wonderful day. Your work week should be half over today. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment