Thursday, July 9, 2020

Good morning. It is already a hot one again today and is going to increase exponentially. It is currently 82 degrees and today the heat index is going to be around 100-105. That’s not pleasant is it? Yesterday we had a day like that and all of a sudden the storms came in. After three inches of rain, sometime torrential, the temperature dropped at least twenty degrees. I expect that could happen again today. We really got all of the rain that we need for now but these are heat induced storms that just pop up, rain themselves out and then fuel some more storms. But —- I was planning on watering my garden yesterday and especially the new raised bed that I made. However God took care of it for me and did a much better job of it than I would have done. LOL

Today I must go to the churches and run the bulletins for Sunday a set the pulpit up. It won’t take that long. Since we are not currently singing, I don’t have to run the hymns for the large print bulletins Which saves me time. Actually, I wouldn’t have to do that anyway but it is something I chose to do so the older folks wouldn’t have to hold the hymnals and the print would be easier for them to see. It made it easier for me too at the pulpit. I’ll be glad when we can get back to singing. Of course, when we get our new system at St. Lucas, I think we’ll be able to put the Hymns and the scriptures up on the screen and not use the hymnals at all. But, that is a while off. It is what we did at Zoar Church though and it worked very well. The biggest problem is that it takes a dedicated team to do all of that. It can’t just be Jacob, because Jacob and his family may be gone for a Sunday on vacation or something. But — we’ve got to get past all of this Corona Virus stuff and get everybody back in church first. Sheesh, it’s spreading fast again and I hope we don’t get set back to some earlier phase again, but it could certainly happen and we’d have to close church doors again. Many of my fellow pastors still have not gone back to in-person worship. So, I’m very grateful that we can are back although probably at half attendance. But our Sunday morning live-stream is getting around 85 views, so that is good.

I’ve had a lot of visitors at the Backyard Buffet this morning. I got the feeders filled yesterday as I told you. This morning I’ve had a couple of Blue jays out there all morning and they are making a real racket. But, it seems to hold the blackbirds off so they can make all of the noise they want to.

Okay, time to go. I want to get to the churches and back home before it gets really hot and or the thunderstorms start. I pray you will have a blessed day. Peace.



No comments:

Post a Comment