Saturday, July 18, 2020

Good morning! Well it is morning for the next three minutes anyway. The heat index is 97 degrees currently and is going to go up a bit more before this day is done. There is a heat advisory in place for us old farts. I was out checking on my garden for a bit and the heat took my breath away. My Accu Weather app says that “rain may form in the next 39 minutes”; whatever that means. The sky is clear blue with a few white puffy clouds, and it sure doesn’t look like it is threatening rain in any manner.

Ms. Kate is down again with her diverticulitis. Bless her heart, I know how bad that hurts and how much discomfort she is in. She was up for a bit and working, (playing) at her computer this morning around 0730 and I told her to go back to bed and rest even if she doesn’t sleep. When I used to suffer from diverticulitis, I found that the best thing I could do was be prone. Sitting up just crunches the stomach and that makes it worse. These attacks generally last her about three days. I’m not sure what brought this attack on but I suspect it was the brownies with walnuts that she made. She used to be a real nut eater but now they tear her up. It is the same with popcorn. I had the same problem. I don’t know if I just eventually grew out of it or if maybe some of my meds help with it.

I’m waiting on FEDEX to deliver my new bird feeder pole from Wild Birds Unlimited. It will have four hooks on it so when I get it put up, I can move some more of the feeders that are hanging in the pussy willow tree out and then I’ll finish trimming the dead branches out of that. Right now, the squirrel has figured out that if it goes out far enough it can bounce a couple of the feeders off of the hooks and then just eat from them on the ground. But, I’m putting a baffle on the new pole and those work well, especially since I won’t have any low hanging branches over the top of the pole. It is a dang shame that trying to outsmart a squirrel takes so much thought. They are some very smart critters though.

I need to go to the grocery store and pick up a few things but I really don’t want to get out. I’m down to three eggs and my gallon of cooking oil has very little left in it. I suspect Ms. Kate has a list too. She hasn’t done any grocery shopping beyond a run in to Fresh Market since this Corona Virus started. I don’t think we have been in a Walmart since March, have only been to Sam’s once, and only been to Target once, and not to Meijer’s at all. Thank goodness there is a “Neighborhood Walmart” close to us that I can go to and I go to Schnuck’s. Other than that —- it is run in’s to Dollar General and Dewig’s Butcher shop. We still haven’t been to a sit-down restaurant, so “eating out means drive through or curb-side. No wonder we are bonkers!!!!! Church and home are our existence.

Speaking of church, tomorrow is Sunday so take time to give praise to God Almighty. You made it through to another weekend and therefore you were blessed. You owe God praise for that.  Peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment