Monday, August 3, 2020

Let’s start off a new week, what say you? The rain just passed through and the birds have come back out of hiding. There is a bluejay raising a fuss out there or maybe it is just announcing itself. You can never tell with bluejays. The Backyard Buffet has been busy for the last hour that I have been up. It is mostly the smaller birds like finches and sparrows, and a couple of doves. One lone squirrel sits out there on a feeder.

How was your weekend. Ours was great. Stephanie and Chris and Caden came in from Oklahoma and Julie and Jim came over from New Albany, and we had a really good visit. Ms. Kate made a Low country shrimp boil for lunch and three peach pies. We all pigged out. There is maybe two servings of the shrimp boil left for today and one whole peach pie is left. The kids all left Saturday afternoon late and then Ms. Kate and I crashed!!! But it was such a great visit,

Yesterday of course was Sunday and it was Communion Sunday at the churches. We had great attendance at the small church; probably 90% of the normal congregation was there. At the bigger church we had maybe half of the normal attendance. However, we “live stream” that service so many of our parishioners watch at home. We normally have about 80 - 90 hits on our on-line service. I just thank God that we have that technology and someone that knows how to make it all happen. It has provided a way for those who can’t or don’t want to mask up and come to church for fear of the pandemic. It is also wonderful to know that we are attracting people to our service from around the country that are friends of members of the congregation. I have cousins that are “attending” and friends that are “attending” that normally never would be. God does provide.

Ms. kate and I will be putting up corn again today. A friend dropped us off a couple of dozen ears yesterday and we need to put it in the freezer. He shares with us every year and his corn is delicious. Several people have thought of us and brought corn. I really appreciate it.

I’m working ahead on services today. I’m trying to get ready for our vacation in two weeks and that means I have to work at least three weeks ahead. I worked up the next three weeks bulletins last night and got my sermon for next Sunday about half done. That’s the thing about vacations, I work my butt off to get ready for them.

The sun has popped out and I just had a bunch of cardinals fly in to the Buffet. Time to drink some coffee and enjoy them. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment