Monday, July 20, 2020

Happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me. Happy birthday to meeeee! Happy birthday to me. And many mooorrrrreeee! Yep, I survived another year of life and it has been a good one. I thank the Good Lord every day for my life and my blessings. My journey has been incredible, at least in my mind. I turned 76 today and I don’t know what I thought being 76 would feel like or be like, but I certainly don’t feel “ancient” like I thought 76 was supposed to be. It’s all in perspective I reckon. Of course, when I was young, I never thought I would be pastor of two churches at 76 either. Life does carry a person in some strange directions.

I got my new bird feeder pole in from Wild Birds Unlimited on Saturday and have it up. My birds were a bit confused at first and so were the squirrels. I moved all of the feeders off of the branches in the Pussy Willow tree. Today I intend to cut the two major dead branches out of that thing. That is just going to confuse and frustrate the squirrels again. It is going to mainly deprive the critters like raccoons and possums a place to sit and try to clean out my feeders. Squirrels are totally adaptable and can twist and contort their body in a thousand different ways to get to a feeders, but the other critters need more stability.

We had good attendance at the churches yesterday for the services and the televised portion went well. I saw we had 82 viewers as of last night. Add those to what we had in actual attendance and I think we are growing some. There has to be some benefit to this danged virus and I’ll count this as a blessing.

Speaking of the virus, it continues to spread or at least that is what is reported by the news people. Indiana is one of the few states that seems to be doing alright, although our numbers are reported to be climbing back up too. Dealing with the propaganda surrounding this thing is so frustrating. I saw a video yesterday evening of a youth choir that is working to do their performance virtually. The lead in to the article said that with the spread of the pandemic, singing in a choir is one of the most dangerous activities that a person can participate in; and yet —- they applaud mass protests where hundreds of people are shoulder to shoulder shouting at the top of their lungs. And why can’t we sing if we are wearing our masks?? There is just so dang much false and erroneous information put out about this thing that we don’t now who or what to believe. It’s very, very frustrating. And, as the leader of two congregation, how do I make any of this make sense??

Okay, I don’t want to get started on a rant, especially on my birthday, so I reckon I will sign off. I’m hearing the rumble of thunder to the west and radar shows a cluster if storms headed this way. I think I’ll just sit here and wait for it. I hope you have a blessed week full of life and good things. Take care of one another and stay safe. Peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment