Saturday, July 25, 2020

Good Saturday morning to you. I’m starting earlier today before we get busy. Although I don’t think we have a lot of things on the list today. That’s probably a good thing since it is going to be another sweltering day. It is already 77 degrees which is a great temperature, but that’s just the ambient reading. The real feel is 88 already and climbing. It’s gaining to be a muggy one.

Ms. Kate and I did get the corn all put up. It did take a while but it really isn’t “hard” word. We only did one bushel so far. I don’t know if we will do another bushel or not. There is only the two of us and we don’t eat it that often. I do think we’ll probably get another twenty pounds of peaches and put those up. I like to eat them as a snack. I take the out of the freezer, microwave them for 45 seconds which is just enough to start the thawing process, and eat them mostly frozen. And of course we need to have another peach pie or three. LOL. We have company coming in a week from today and we need to have some pie on hand.

One of my projects today is to go to Lowes and get a “flapper” to repair  toilet. I just did that for one of the toilets a couple of weeks ago and now a second one has broken. The rubber gets weak and the little ring that pulls it up eventually wears right through it. It is a fairly inexpensive and quick fix. But, I also need to get new seats for two of the toilets so I’ll do that at the same time.

Are you a change saver? Ms. Kate and I are. I have a five gallon plastic water jug that I throw my change in and have done so for quite awhile. My plan was that some day when I pass away, the grand children would spend some time visiting and rolling those coins and then they could split it five ways. Well, believe it or not, one of the effects of the pandemic is that people are not going out to buy stuff and aare using their credit cards instead and now the coins are no longer in circulation and businesses and banks are running out. So, Ms. Kate decided that she was going to wrap and roll the coins in my jug. Bless her heart, she rolled $1,176.00 worth of coins this week and I took them to the bank. My bank tellers were thrilled to get them, and some day, the grandkids will be glad to open an envelope and count hundred dollar bills instead of coins. It is sure going to be loud when I drop coins in the jug for awhile though.

It appears that I need to fill some bird feeders again today, but I also need to refill the birdbaths.

That’s it for this morning. Have a wonderful weekend. Stay cool. Stay safe. Saty in touch with our Lord God who has blessed you this week. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment