Thursday, July 16, 2020

Thursday morning; it is a rain cooled morning out side. I was just out filling a few bird feeders again, (of course) and it felt very pleasant. I need to fill a couple more with sunflower seed but the yard is a bit muddy yet. If it doesn’t rain any more, I can do that this afternoon. I think my guests at the Backyard Buffet must think so too. It hasn’t slowed them down one bit. Mostly this morning I have of course had blackbirds and finches. But the big red headed woodpecker comes in and moves all of the blackbirds out of the way and gets what it wants. I’ve only seen one cardinal tis morning so far. I’ve started trimming up tis pussy willow tree/bush where several of the feeders are hanging. There are several dead branches in it that need to come out and it would make it more difficult for the squirrels to devastate my feeders if I can get those cut out. But I need to get another feeder pole or two to hang feeders from first and they are not cheap. I also need to get some squirrel baffles for a couple of my poles.  It’s like everything else I get at Wild Birds Unlimited; — gotta rob a bank before I go shopping. LOL. But, maybe we can do that today.

Our Terminex guy came yesterday and did his initial treatment for mice, ants, and other creepy crawly things. He was also supposed to spray for mosquitos but we were looking at last night’s rain getting here and that stuff needs to sit for eighteen hours and not get washed off. So, he’ll be back for that; maybe on Saturday after the rain is done for a while. he put out a few mouse bait things in the basement and a lot of “spider traps”. He also sprayed a “barrier” around the house foundation and all of the windows. He found a couple of  massive micro ant nests and has spray those areas good.

I made the decision last evening that I am not going to do combined worship services this year. I have enough to people that are still fearful of the virus, and rightfully so, that they would not be comfortable adding more bodies to a crowded room. Well, actually it isn’t crowded, but it woulld be more so if we put the two congregations in together. Maybe come fall we can do another outdoor service when it gets cooler and the harvest is done. I would love to do a combined worship service and pot luck lunch out doors. I think that could be so much fun. It sounds like a good way to start fall.

That’s my gossip of the day. I hope your day is filled with joy and other good things. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment