Monday, July 27, 2020

Happy Monday! It is a hot one already again today; 0930 and already 85 degrees. But there is a stiff breeze and the humidity is a little lower, so it’s all good.

How’s your week shaping up? Ours is going to be busy around here. We are expecting Stephanie, and Chris, and Caden to come by here for lunch on Saturday on their way to Michigan, and that mean we have a lot of “straightening up” or maybe “hiding all the crap” is a better term. I don’t know about your house, but around here when you only have company once every six years things tend to not get put back where they should be or worse yet, ya’ buy a lot of stuff that had no place to be put when you bought it. So now, it’s find a spot. Yes, Julie and Jim come over every few weeks, but they are as bad as we are, LOL.

Just got a call from Karen saying that she is coming by to drop off some sweet corn. Cousin Robin brought her some and said to share with Kathy. I don’t know how much she is brining, but if it is very much, we’ll have corn to put up again today. I know it won’t take that long but is just another thing on the list.

I also got a call this morning from a friend asking me to take part in her dad’s funeral. Her did grew up at Zoar and was  I think four years older than me. She thought that I’d have a lot of stories to share but I really don’t. I never ran around with him or that age group, nor did they ever pay any attention to my age group. But, I’ve visited him in the nursing home even though he couldn’t speak, he seemed to be pleased that I came by. So, I have contacted Pastor Art and he wants me to do the sermon and he will do the eulogy. . I’m glad I finished this week’s sermon for my churches last night. I still need to write my Pastoral Prayer for Sunday.

Of course I need to go to the churches one day this week and run the bulletins. I guess I will do that on Wednesday because we have a fellow coming to the church Wednesday morning to talk about installing our new television sets in the sanctuary etc. Just one more thing to add to the list.

So I guess I better get offof my duff and get some stuff done. Have a wonderful week. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment