Friday, July 10, 2020

Good morning and happy Friday. It is a beautiful morning. It is currently 78 degrees with a 6 mph sustained breeze. It is mostly sunny so it looks very pleasant out there. I’m debating mixing up some pancake mix and going out and firing up my Blackstone griddle. That thing really works great. I still need to go to my local kitchen store and pick up the exact spatulas that I need. I bought a set of Blackstone “tools” but the spatula is thicker than I need, or at least think I need.  I want a couple of those kind that they use for Tepanyaki. They slide under the food a lot better and make flipping pancakes or eggs a lot easier. And of course they “clang” better for when I decide to do y Tepanyaki routine. LOL. Maybe I should get a couple of those metal salt and pepper shakers too.

We went to the churches yesterday as planned and ran the bulletins and set the pulpits up for Sunday. I was really glad to see that the air conditioner had been fixed and we can have church at St. Lucas this week instead of having back to back services at St. Paul’s. Not that there would have been a single thing wrong with doing that. But people do like to worship in their “own church”. We are a yoked parish, but we are not one church. There is a big difference. I have promoted the mantra of : “Two churches, but one Faith Family”. Folks seem to accept that, or at least I haven’t had anybody tell me they don’t like it. Sixteen years ago when I first started up there I was told that I should work to uniting those two churches in to one. As I have said before, I don’t think that is the right thing to do and frankly, they love one another’s and they are even related in many cases, but they each have their own traditions and want to maintain them. Now, I’m reading things from theologians that say we need to stop being concerned about parishioners wishes and stop doing things the way they have always been done and focus on the Mission of the church. I think that is the most asinine guidance I have ever heard and one of the quickest ways to empty the pews. W need to focus on how we can use our traditions and practices to further Christ’s church. But see, I think in terms of being a “Lay minister” and not one of the “learned ordained clergy”, so what do I know.

After we finished at the churches we went to our farm stand up in that area and picked up a cantaloupe and a dozen ears of corn. I think today we are going to take maybe four ears of that corn up to Karen. We haven’t seen her for a while, so we need to check on her.

Okay, I’m gonna check with Ms. Kate and see if she wants pancakes and if so, oit is time to fire up the griddle. In the meantime, you go have yourself a wonderful and safe weekend. Peace. Go with God.

No comments:

Post a Comment