Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Guess what day it is! Whoot, whoot! Hump day is here. LOL All is quiet here in the Backyard Buffet. I don’t see a bird or a squirrel anywhere. Maybe they have already been here ad discovered that I haven’t done my job yet and most everything is empty.

So the continuing saga of the computer and printers. I took my PC in to Staples to have them look at it and they told me first of all that they don’t do “firmware” fixes which surprised me. But the technician did tell me that my computer was under the extended warranty, which I doubted, but that I should call their “warranty” company and check with them. So, I brought it home, and I went through the hassle of dealing with that and found out that they had no record od me having a current policy. Next I called Office Depot and I got the same story that they don’t do firmware repairs. I called “the Geek Squad from Best Buy and repair would have cost me more that the computer did. Next I called PC Quest and asked if they did that kind of work and they said they did but it would be Friday before they could get to it, but I decided to take it to them. I asked if the repair was going to be more than the computer and the fellow said that my computer was worth fixing since it is only three years old. So, that’s where we are now. Friday they should called me and let me know the damage. In the mean time, I have my Surface Pro laptop that I am working from but I can't seem to get it to hook to a printer and that is frustrating the heck out of me. So, I write to the flash drive and then bring the flash drive up to Ms. Kate’s printer and print off my documents. I spent over an hour last night trying to get my laptop to hook to any one of three printers and it would not do it. Someone who knows what they are doing could probably hook it up in two minutes but I don’t understand the language. They kept asking me for an IP address and I had no idea where to find it even when I followed the step by steps.
Another one wanted some other number that I couldn’t find that was supposed to be on the back of the printer.  Grrrrrrrrrr!

Normally today I would be going to the churches and doing the bulletins etc. But the folks I was supposed to meet at church have postponed until Friday, so I’ll wait until then to go to the churches. I suspect that the attendance is going to be down now that wee are requiring masks again.  Some folks just refuse to wear them. I hate them but I wear them just out of compliance and safety. The virus is getting closer to home, I’m beginning to know people that have tested positive for COVID. Heather and John have still not heard back from their COVID tests. this whole COVID thing is so hosed up. No one knows what in the hell they are doing. They are running around “doing” like a bunch of ants. The big pharmaceutical people and their talking heads including the ones giving us all of our advice are disputing the finding and successful results of over 600 doctors that are treating the virus with a basically over the counter medication. And amazingly enough, and I predicted this, Dr. Fauci, the guru that the country is relying on, said yesterday that the cure-all vaccine should be available right before the national political election. (Move along folks, nothing to see here.) This country, the world is getting played so hard by billionaires who control the pharmaceuticals, the media, and most of the politicians and could care less about human beings and are trying to establish a one world power. If that makes me sound like a conspiracy dude, well I just might be. And I pray I’m totally wrong.

With that rant over, I think I will finish my cup of coffee and then go feed the birds. Have a blessed day. Peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment