Friday, July 24, 2020

Can't believe it is Friday but it is and if I don't stop and write this now, I'll miss another day. This won't be long because we are in the middle of putting up corn for the freezer. Yesterday we did peaches, not too many but enough for the time being. I hope to get maybe another 20 pound box of peaches next week and we will also pick up maybe another bushel of corn.

Beyond that, we're also doing several other things like yard work, garden work, and Ms. Kate has been busy rolling coins. We decided to take  the coins that I have been collecting for the past two or three years. I had mostly filled a five gallon water jug. I took a bunch in on Wednesday and collected $450.00. I have at least that today to take in.  The banks and businesses all say that they have no change to give because of the virus and people not shopping with cash. So, I'll help out the Federal Government and turn my coins in. It was all I could do to lift the jug anyway. Had I filled it completely, it would have broken the bottom out.

Ms. Kate made a couple of peach pies a couple of days ago and they are gone! Boy were they good. For the past couple of years, when she made pies she used the Pillsbury Pie Crust and they are pretty good. But, this time she used my Grandma's recipe and made her own. It was marvelous.

Okay, that's it for today. I still have a bunch of stuff to do. Stay safe, use your mask. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment