Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Good morning! Welcome to an already hot Tuesday morning. I got up at 0630 today because I wanted to finish filling up my raised bed before the sun popped up and made it hot. Unfortunately it was already 83 degrees, but I got it done. I stopped at Lowes yesterday and bought ten 2 cu ft bags of Miracle Gro garden soil. I had planned to maybe get some of the dirt from the church like I told you before, but this way I don’t have to worry about weeds roots and seed in the soil. Besides, I still had gift cards I could use, (and still have a couple) so it was like shopping for free. So far, my raised bed hasn’t cost me anything because I bought everything I needed with gift cards. Thank you very much to my darling daughters.

As you know, I got my truck fixed yesterday. It ended up costing me $890.00 to escape, LOL. I had to have new calipers, rotors and brake pads put on the front. The Calipers were the high dollar item, they always are. But, at least I can have confidence in my braking power now and that annoying rubbing sound is gone. Last fall I had the new water pump put in so now I think I’m good to go for a long time with the truck. I wouldn’t hesitate to start out across the country with it.

Today, I need to finish my sermon for this week. I still have one more point I want to make and that will take me another page and a half maybe. Plus I have the Pastoral prayer to write yet. Either tomorrow or Thursday I’ll go run the bulletins. It depends on what else is going on. I need to check the calendar because it seems I and forgetting something. i know I need to go to Wild Birds for some stuff. I have several things I need from there and it is not going to be a cheap trip. As I look around at the Buffet, I see that I still have some feeders to refill too. There is always something that needs doing isn’t there? The problem is that I seem to wear out quicker than I used to. So, it takes me longer these days to get stuff done. It’s the price of age and I’m fortunate to be in relatively good health.

I have sufficiently cooled off now and my coffee is about gone so I guess I will get myself cleaned up and re-start my day. I hope your day is a pleasant one. Stay safe, stay cool, saty in touch with God. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment