Monday, July 6, 2020

Monday, 6th of July. I’m not in the sun porch for sure. I’m at my local auto-mechanic shop have front brake pads and rotors on my Dakota. It had been rubbing a lot when I put the brakes on and I knew I had to get it fixed. So, I have a local mechanic that I use and he is really good and he is reasonable. The family goes to Zoar Church and that is where I met them. He runs his business very much like my son-in-law Gary does his place in North Carolina. His shop is clean and they treat their customers very well, and don’t try to sell you on repairs that aren’t needed. I love my red truck. I don’t drive it near enough to really justify having a truck but it is always there when I need it. For example, today, after I get it fixed I need to go to Lowes and see if I can get some bags of garden dirt to put in my raised bed. Hopefully they will have it on sale. And even though I bought it almost new in 2009, I only have about 50K miles on it.

Julie came over and we celebrated her birthday in style. Yesterday I put steaks on the grill and Ms. Kate fixed corn on the cob, buttered spaghetti, fresh cucumbers, and fresh tomatoes. Then we had her birthday cake. It was a delicious lunch.

I only had one worship service to do yesterday. The air condition ain’t went out in my St. Lucas church so I did the 0900 at St. Paul’s and we live-streamed that service. I had 84 viewers of the service, so that was good. If we can’t get the A/C fixed this week, we’ll do back to back services at St. Paul’s next week. What ever it takes to get the job done.

While I’m out running around, Ms. Kate is home doing laundry and washing the bed linens today. It is already a hot one today so we won’t be doing too much outside work. 91 with high humidity does not make for a good work day for us old dudes. It is supposed to be this way all week.

That is about it. I hope you are staying safe with this Corona Virus stuff. I hate wearing masks but I’m doing it when I’m around people. I for sure don’t want to catch the virus or take it home to Ms. Kate or anyone else. So, I wear my mask. We did do a bit of “elbow bumping” as greetings yesterday.

That’s about it for today. Have a wonderful week. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment