Monday, March 9, 2020

A blessed Monday morning to you. I hope your weekend was was a pleasant one. Did you get your clocks all reset and did you make it to church on time? I read a joke on Facebook; “What comes after the last hymn is sung in the worship service? —- All those people that forgot to set their clocks ahead. “

It is a 54 degree cloudy morning and my app says that we are gong to be having rain on and off throughout the day. I have no complaint. We have had several days of beautiful weather in a row with nice sunshine. And fair temperatures during the day. The weather report last night showed a coming week of upper 50’s and low 60’s. Spring has indeed arrived. I’m sitting here admiring my backyard. Having gotten the limbs and branches all cleaned up from the yard and now the hydrangeas cut all the way back and the flowerbed raked out and cleaned up make everything look fresh. I have a lot more that I could get out there and do and need to do as far as raking is concerned. But, it isn’t going to get done today. I just looked at the radar and there is a pretty healthy big green blob heading our way in just about 20 minutes or so.

What is up with the squirrels today. I’ve had  a half dozen out here most of the morning and they are chasing one another all over the place. They’ll stop and eat for a few minutes and then fight over who gets the feeder and then they suddenly take off like a flea bit their butt. Then they come back and do it all over again.  Now they are all gone. They aren’t in my yard nor do I see them in any of the neighbors trees. Silly things, maybe they can sense the rain coming in and have taken off to wherever they find shelter. But, it’s all good because now the cardinals and the finches are here for a snack.

I noticed while I was raking Saturday hat there was a lot of feathers on the ground under the azelia here in this flowerbed by the house. A hawk took out what I think may have been a mockingbird Friday. I saw it as it lifted off of the ground clutching something in its claws but din’t know it was a mockingbird. I’ve seen the hawks fly in here and take out several birds. Too bad they don’t take out a dang starling. They can have all of those that they want. They need to leave my “good birds” alone. LOL.

That’s enough for today. I hope you have a good week full of sunshine and pleasant thoughts. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment