Wednesday, March 25, 2020

It’s mid-week already. This “stay at home” order from the governor doesn’t affect us a lot. We’d be home most of the time anyway. Although, this being Wednesday I would be going to the office this morning. Instead we are going this afternoon to tape the worship service for Sunday. This biggest change in my work is the fact that we aren’t going to run bulletins for the services and I’m not doing any pastoral visitations or home communions. So that is quite different. Instead I’m trying to make phone calls to my folks and as I told you, Ms. Kate has been making”Thinking of you” cards and we sent out 30 of those yesterday.

My UPS shipment came yesterday afternoon. So we have televisions and I have laser printer toner once again. I set up the television in the kitchen and today I may try to set up the one in the bedroom. It is larger and a little heavier so that may be a bit problematic but we shall see.

It is a foggy morning, one of my favorite kinds of morning. I don’t know how much it rained last night but the ground looks sloppy again. We could really do with a couple of weeks of dry weather for a change. It’s not quite time for the farmers to start planting yet but I imagine they are getting anxious. I’m seeing a lot of grain trucks lined up at the Azteca Milling company these days. Farmers are bringing in the corn they sold last fall on the futures market and getting their bins emptied again for this year’s harvest. But first, they have to be able to get out there and start planting. That normally happens mid April. I had planned to do a “blessing of the tractors” this year but that is just one more thing that this “social distancing” thing has stopped. President Trump said yesterday that he hopes to “open the country back up” by Easter. I think he is being overly optimistic and so do a lot of other folks including the medical experts. Of course the Democrats went up in arms and are claiming he’s putting profit above human life. But, he didn’t he was going to do it. He said he would like to do it. We would all hope that it would be possible. But heck, President Trump could find an immediate cure for cancer and the opposing political party would scream that he has put doctors and researchers out of work and is hurting “the little guy”. What a bunch of morons  politicians are.

My foggy sky is all gone and now it os just a cloudy day. All of my buffet guests have eaten and gone so I guess I will sign off too. Have a most blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment