Monday, March 2, 2020

I put a post on FaceBook saying that the theme for the Backyard Buffet today is “Cardinals and Raindrops”. There are certainly plenty of both out there this morning. I just looked at the radar and there is still a large swath of rain coming our way and my AccuWeather app says rain for another hour. But, it is a light rain which fine. It is 51 degrees out side and is supposed to go up to 60 or so today.

Spring is clearly on the way. I just posted a picture of my Pussy Willow “blooms” out there and Saturday when I ws working in the yard I noticed that the forsythia was starting to bud out and bloom. The daffodils are up about six to eight inches and have are also budding out. And, —- as I sit here in my recliner and look out toward the Fire Bushes, they are starting to be “fuzzy” to see through which tells me that they too are about to leaf out. I love the renewal of God’s earth.

Saturday, I spent most of the morning out working in the yard just picking up limbs, and twigs and sticks from the fall and winter. I break them down into 6-12 inch pieces and put them in my commercial 50 gallon garbage can. Well, I filled the can this week and have very little room left to put our actual garbage in it. But, the backyard looks really good now. If it would quit raining and dry out for a week, I could get out there and rake the leaves out of the flowerbeds and then I will be ready for mulch. In the meantime, I guess the leaves will just have to be my mulch. I think if I take my time I can do a lot of it myself. But there is just so much to do and seemingly so little time to do it.

We had good attendance at church yesterday. We did an infant baptism at St. Paul’s and that always brings in a lot of folks. The baby was so cute and just smiled all the way through it, even as I did the “baby-walk”, where I carry the child down the aisle and introduce her to the faith family. My St. Lucas attendance was good too. Although I know some of the folks that were not theere, we did have some “returnees” that I had not seen since I started back up there. I hope they continue to come.

Today Ms. Kate and I are going to tackle doing our taxes. I’d rather be doing most anything else because it is going to be a minimum of six hours of misery and grumbling and frustration. We priced having H&R Block do them and they wanted over $450.00. So, we will go through Turbo Tax again for about half that price. Yuk!!!!

So, that’s it for today. Have a great week. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment