Monday, March 23, 2020

And a very happy Monday morning to you. I hope your weekend went well. Of course what with the restrictions on travel and keeping social distances, I imagine that your plans changed somewhat. I can tell you that it felt weird for us not to get dressed up and go to church yesterday. It’s not that we haven’t missed church at other times in our lives but those were decisions that we had Nama death at the time. This was different because we “couldn’t” go to “the” church. But, as was planned, we conducted our worship service via Facebook. BTW, if you want to join us for worship on Sunday mornings you can go to Facebook and find the St. Paul’s and St. Lucas United Church of Christ page and tune in at 10:30 a.m. central time. I would love to have you join us for worship. Yesterday we had some technical problems during the live broadcast but afterwards you could pull it up and it worked well. I’m zero techie but I’m sure our technician will figure it all out. If you want to listen to the last couple of weeks, they are still on there.

We have a beautiful day here today albeit a little below normal temperature. I really must fill the bird feeders today. I was going to fill the feeders Saturday and discovered that I had run out of the bark-butter bits and the yard was still too sloppy to be out there. So yesterday I called Wild Birds Unlimited and put in a curb-side pick-up order and we went and got it. Curb-side is the new way of life for us I guess. We went to Dairy Queen drive thru, Wild Birds Unlimited curb-side, and Turonis Pizza drive-thru. I did stop and go in a gas station to get some milk. I discovered last night that the toner cartridge on my laser printer is getting low so I went to the computer and ordered it on-line and they have free delivery. It should be here tomorrow as well as two more televisions that I had to buy. What a strange new world we are having to live in right now.

Saturday Jim came over and installed the new family room television and got Ms Kate all set up again with able television. Bless his heart. I told the other son-in-laws that Jim just moved to the number one spot of the “favorite son” category. My late brother-in-law and I used to have a running thing about who was our mother-in-law’s favorite. She of course milked it for what it was worth. I sure miss that lady. She was a bright spot in the life of me and many others.

I’m not going to talk about the virus today with you I’ll just remind you that God Almighty idds in charge and despite all that is happening in the world; —- God still knows you by name and loves you personally. Pray often and pray sincerely. Reach out to other by phone or letters and cards or by social media and let the know that you are thinking of them. This is how we can share the love of God with one another. Ms. Kate sent out thirty of her beautiful hand-made “Thinking of you” cards this morning for all of the senior people in our three churches. I told her that her gesture will mean much more than any sermon that I might preach because she was practicing Christian love in action.

Have a blessed day. I love you and so does the Lord God.


No comments:

Post a Comment