Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Welcome to a cloudy 52 degree morning. It’s not raining now but has been during the night,  and will again today at some point and maybe at several points.

I had a good day yesterday. After I finished my blog I poured another cup of coffee and watched my backyard guests. Then I called neighbor Dan and asked him over for a visit. We visited through a whole new pot of of coffee. We solved all the problems of the world including religion, politics, coronavirus, military, health issues, global warming and the weeds coming up in the yard and flowerbeds. It was a good visit. We do that about every three or four months.

After Dan left I decided to get busy and try to make the day productive. I had a couple of choices of things I could do; y choices being work outside or head down to the basement and work on sermons etc. I chose outside. I had a flowerbed that I wanted to clean out because it was bugging me that I had not done it yet. I think maybe a little “spring fever” is setting in. I grabbed my rake and gloves and container to put the leaves in and went out and got started. It took a bit of work but I got it all cleaned out and it really looks nice this morning as it is all fresh after the showers from the night. So, that takes care of two of the flowerbeds and they are ready for mulch.

Once the flowerbed was done, I decided that the ground had dried out enough that I could probably till up the garden area. I don’t have a large garden by any means. My spot is a six by forty foot plot on the south side of the house. I have a three by five area of asparagus in the middle of it but there is plenty room for my tomato plants and some lettuce and maybe squash or something. I’m still playing with the idea of raised beds but that is an awful lot of work to do. I would have room for three eight by four beds out there and it would save me a bunch of bending over when doing garden work but —- I’d work myself to death building them and filling them with garden soil and compost and mulch.  So, maybe I’ll just work it like it is. Beside all of the work, it would cost me a fortune to fill it with the  soil etc. Certainly it would not be cost effective. So called “hobby-gardens” are not cheap to establish. Anyway, I think today I may go to the co-op and get some lettuce seed and maybe some radish seeds and put out there. I can have a few fresh veggies by Easter. Once the lettuce and radishes are done I’ll plant it with some wildflower seeds, probably a bunch of kosmo and maybe some daisies.

That’s my tale for today. I hope your day is a fantastic one. Stay in touch with God. God is waiting to hear from you because He wants to tell you He loves you. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment