Monday, March 30, 2020

Let’s start a fresh new week, what say you?? It’s a sunny morning although at 55 it is a bit cool. Temperature today is going up to 65 or so. The wind has calmed down fro yesterday as the cold front finally came through. Saturday night was a tough one for many residents in our Tri-State area. We had two tornadoes come through. One was over in Henderson, KY which is just across the river. Then we had a second one that went through Newburgh, IN where my sister-in-law Karen lives. In fact, it went along the ridge just above her house. There was a lot of damage done. The Henderson one tracked for seventeen miles and the Newburgh one tracked for just over five miles. Karen said she had some limbs down but her neighbors had some big trees down. Her power was out for about 26 hours.

I finally got the park bench put together. It only took me three years and six hours. I started planning to do this at least three years ago. I bought the lumber over a year and a half ago and of course with my injuries etc, it has set there in my garage taking up space since then. Well, Saturday I decided that I was going to do it. So, I went out in the garage and got started. It took me a good six hours to do the job but it is together and it looks god and is solid. Now, I have to sand it down and then buy some Spar Polyurethane and put a couple of coats on it and it will be ready to sit out in the yard. So, I’m patting myself on the back today as I look at it.

We broadcast our worship service yesterday on You Tube and Facebook and it went perfect. I think Jacob broke the code on how to make it all happen. We had a lot of people tuning in for it too including my family in California, Illinois, North Carolina, and Oklahoma. It was wonderful to be able to do that. We will tape it again this week on Wednesday. This coming Sunday will be Palm Sunday. It will sure be different not doing that service in-person with the church. Holy Week is my favorite church “holiday” season, if we can call it that. Most people get all over the Christmas celebration and the birth of Jesus. I’m much more of a “Resurrection” guy.  I’m still planning to do the “drive-thru” communion on Maundy Thursday. I really hope it doesn’t rain because I think doing this will mean so much to our congregations. If it is only sprinkling, we will set up a tent for me to be under. It it is pouring, everything will have to be canceled. The wind blows across the fields like crazy there sometimes and it would be miserable. So, join me in prayer for some good weather.

That’s it for today. I have sunflower feeders to fill again today. The fuzzy tailed rats are eating me out of house and home. Have a wonderful week. Stay safe and take care of yourself. God bless each and every one of you. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment