Friday, March 6, 2020

Friday and the end of another work week, or at least the “standard” work week. I really don’t know whaat people do anymore as far as a “work week is concerned. People work long hours and people work “overtime” hours so what is normal. I mean, look at how I “work”. I go to the office generally one day a week now and use that day to run my bulletins and then go out and do my visitations and my home communions. However, I work on sermons and services and study all hours of the day or evening every day. And if people go in the hospital etc. I go do visitations almost immediately; so I’m basically on-call 24/7. But then there are other “church things” that I’m supposed to attend and of course they always fall on a Saturday, which is supposed to be my day off. Tomorrow morning The Association is having their “Men’s Lenten Breakfast” that they do every Saturday morning during Lent. I understand why it is held on Saturday morning; it’s because that is “everyone’s day off” and guys are “free” to attend. Kind of a vicious circle isn’t it?? LOL.  I may go since it is held at Zoar and Art has asked me to go. Next week I have two Association meetings in addition to my regular stuff.

I filled the bird feeders yesterday and the birds were swooping in by the time I finished and got inside. I was hoping to to sit out n the sun porch this morning but it is fairly chilly today and windy. Our high today will only reach maybe 47 degrees and we have a 15-20 mph wind all day. That make the sunporch chilly and uncomfortable. Ms. Kate is always cold because she is on blood thinner medication. So if I’m out there and leave the french door open so a little heat flows out to me, she gets really cold.

Yesterday I went on-line and. Got the Backyard Buffet officially certified as a Wildlife Habitat through the National Wildlife Federation. It is’t a big deal; if you provide constant sources of food and water appropriate cover for resting and nesting and control any invasive species of weed or lant growth, AND —- send them a check for “donation to NWF”, you too can be certified. LOL But as much as I feed the birds and make sure they are taken care of around here, my new plaque is going to look good out there in the flowerbed.

Time to shower and get my day started. Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment