Saturday, March 7, 2020

Saturday evening. I have already set the clocks ahead one hour for Daylight Saving Time. It is still early ebough in the evening depending on whether you are lookoing that the a;lready set clocks or the ones that will update automatically at 0200.

I strarted my day out by going to a Men's Lenten Breakfast out at Zoar. I went because Art had asked me to. There were 85 people there and that is a really good turnout. They are supposed tpo be an ecumenical event and at one time there were people of all the different denominations attending these things. They are held every Saturday morning durning Lent and the locations rotate. But, today it was  basically the United Church of Christ chuireches and the Disciples of Christ churches. I've told you I'm not big on segregated events like this. I fiugure there is enough separation in the church that we don't need to create reasons not to worship and commune together. but, I'm way in the minority for that thought process. I noticed that almost all of the attendees wereat least as old as I am. That tells me that this event won'y last a lot more years unless the younger crowd takes an interest.

The rest of my morning and early afternoon was spent relaxing. We were going to do our naps early but I don't think that either one of us actualy got any napping done. Three different phone calls kind of woke us up too much to get back to sleep. Iwent outside and tackled a flowerbed that I rally nneded to clean up. It still had all of the hydrangea stems that needed to be cut back to the ground, and there were a lot of them because my hydrangeas are huge. And all of the fall leaves that had been blown off of the trees and off of the roof had set there in the flower bed all winter. So, I tackled that job and it really looks good now. That much at least is ready for mulch. I got it all raked out but by then I was worn out. So, maybe tomorrow I can get it all gathered up and put into the compost pile.

Ms. Kate fixed us a great dinner and we just followed up it up with the last of the lemon pie that she made earlier in the week. It is delicious, of course. That wife of mine is really a great cook. I don't know why we eat out as much as we do except that it is convenient to do so. I dang sure don't get anythng out that tastes any better than what Ms. Kate cooks.

Okay, back to my television and HGTV. Have a great evening and don't forget to set your clock ahead or you'll be late for church. I send God's peace and blessings.


No comments:

Post a Comment