Friday, March 27, 2020

Friday Morning and it is a good morning. It’s nor quite as sunny as yesterday was but the emperature is hanging around 65 degrees at the moment and going to 77 before the day is out. Yesterday turned out totally beautiful and we had a record breaking 81 degrees in the afternoon. Ms. Kate went out and pulled a bunch of weeds and put Epson Salts on the plants that require that sort of thing. I don’t now the benefit of doing that but she and her sister are the plant ladies. They get that love from their mom.

I have an entertaining back yard this morning. There are a couple of robins out here that are on a worm hut. Actually, one of them was up on a feeder awhile ago eating bark butter bits. This is the only place I have ever seen robins on a feeders and mine do it frequently. But they only seem to go for the one kind. They have started building nests because I see them carrying sticks etc and mud. I keep checking my downspouts because they often like to build on the crooks of those up next to the house. I heard one out there the other day tapping away but so far they aren’t building there. Sometimes they go to all of the work to build decoy nests.

I had a really silly squirrel out here this morning. I had emptied some broken flower pots out in the flowerbed and broken apart all of the potting soil. There were a lot of roots in some vegetation of some kind in them. A squirrel came along this morning and started digging through that potting soil looking for who knows what. Then it grabbed up a clump of plant and started playing with it. It would kind of toss it around, put it back on the ground and rolled around with it like a cat with catnip.  It was the funniest thing to watch. Pretty soon it just ran off.

I think I may get on the JD today and mow the front yard. There isn’t much to cut but the onions are high and it looks bad. Beside, I like the smell of fresh cut onions in the yard. It smells like spring.
Having said that, I think it is Howe’s time and start a days worth of work. Stay safe and stay in touch with God. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment