Thursday, March 26, 2020

Welcome to a beautiful Thursday morning. It is supposed to be a perfect spring day. The sun is shining, the temperature is slowly climbing to 73 degrees. There is a slight breeze and I can set here and forget that the world is in chaos. As I was writing that sentence a news notice popped up on my screen that said that four cases of the COVID 19 have popped up in our county. I also learned yesterday that one of my parishioners has tested positive for it. He is a young, 22 year old student that was studying abroad in England. So this thing is getting more real as you start to hear about people that you actually know having it. Needless to say, I have added hi to my prayer list. And back to my original thought, I give thanks and praise to God for this beautiful day.

Ms. Kate and I went to the church yesterday afternoon and taped the Sunday worship service. It will be scheduled to be seen on Facebook at 10:30 a.m. Sunday. I hope this week it goes a little smoother. Last week the live broadcast came through really choppy. The playback though came through much better. Jacob, the great guy who does this for us, says that perhaps the app that he is going through to do this just got overwhelmed because so many churches were doing the same thing and so very many people were tuning in. We’ll see how it goes. Too many people tuning in to hear God’s word is about the best problem you can have. It’s like running out of church bulletins.

We picked up a couple of Subway sandwiches on the way hoe fro the church and brought the home to eat while we watched Survivor, Then I went down to my office and turned on Expedition Unknown with Josh Gates as background noise and started on my sermon for Palm Sunday. One would think that the major Christian Events like Palm Sunday would be easy to do a message on but I was having a heck of a time getting going. I had a page and a half written but I didn’t like it, and I just deleted it and started over. Sure enough the words and fingers began to work together and I put out two and a half new pages. So today, I need to finish that up and get the bulletin sent to Brenda. Then comes, Easter. It will be interesting to see where we are with Easter services. President Trump says he hopes we can be past social distancng by then, but I have serious doubts. So, I’m just working one week at a time.

Time to get out of the recliner. Thanks for joining me here this morning. Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment