Friday, September 30, 2016

Well what is the weather really going to do on this Friday morning? It has rained. I don't know how much but the sidewalks are wet. The sky vacillates between being really dark to grey, to a blast of sunshine and then back to dark again. Oh well, what ever will be, --- will be, -- and I can't control it; so I might as well enjoy it.

It must be Friday because another person passed away and I got a call first thing this morning from a dear friend asking me to do her mother's funeral. Of course I said "yes". It seems to be the thing though that I get a call on a Friday morning to do a funeral or I have a funeral to do on a Friday morning. The lady that passed away this morning was 98 years old and I've known her and her family for over 65 years.

You didn't see me do it but I have switched locations since the last paragraph. Ms. Kate and I are sitting in a waiting room while my sister-in-law is getting an infusion for iron. It is going to take a couple of hours for it to happen then we'll take her home and tuck her in on her couch. They have given her Tylenol PM and Benedryl and she is snoozing soundly in her infusion chair. Karen has Crohns and so she has to take some reaally good care of herself.

Moved again! I'm back home and by now it's time to be thinking about a nap. But we got Karen home safely, then went to Sam's, then came home and had lunch. I had gotten some bratburgers out of the freezer to grill forlunch. Well, they were terrible because they had gotten dried out and freezer burnt. Si, I had an "Everything Bagel" with some Philly cheese on it and Ms. Kateate a bowl of cereal. I also got a couple of steaks out of the freezer and I hope they are much better.

The sun has continued to shine throughout the day and it is quite comfortable out side (at least for me) I would open up the sunporch door and just use the screens but Ms. Kate is out here and she would freeze to death in the 69 degree temperature. With her blood thinner medicines she is always cold.

I think that is about it for today. I have no thoughtful tidbits to give you today. My brain is taking a day off along with my body. So, I'll just pray you have a glorious weekend. Peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment