Tuesday, September 6, 2016

OK, what day is it really?  I did a church service yesterday so it might be Monday. But no --- that service was a funeral and it was Labor Day, --- so it must be Tuesday!  It doesn't take a lot to confuse me really.

Yes it is a Tuesday and the temperature was already in the upper 70's at 0730 and heading to 93 today.  The cardinals were out early this morning and so were the squirrels. I guess everyone is trying to get to the buffet before it actually gets hot. The hummingbirds are jousting with the honeybees at the hummingbird feeder. The finches are drinking the water out of the ant guard that protects the hummingbird feeder so I better check that in a bit and make sure it doesn't get dry or I'll have red ants all over that feeder again. The ants actually crawl into the hummingbird feeder and of course end up drowning in there. There is a squirrel on one of the feeders that I don't want him on so he will get a BB on his butt in a minute or so if he doesn't get off of there. LOL, he's really watching the doors and windows of the sunporch to see if I get up out of my recliner or not. He's been hit a few times before.

Yep, I was right --- all it took was for me to get up to go refill my coffee cup and away he went. Silly squirrel. I think while we are out this afternoon, I need to pick up a couple more bags of sunflower seed. The can is less than 1/4 full now. It will hold two 40# bags of seed by now I think. I'm noticing that I am getting a lot fewer birds at the buffet these days. That is because the fields are full of opportunities for them. Sunflowers are drying up and the seeds are plentiful, Thistles are ready to be eaten out there. The corn is drying up so there is a lot of food out in the wild for them. And, while not as enjoyable for me to watch, it does give my wallet a bit of reprieve. Yesterday afternoon I had a hawk that came swooping though the yard twice. I think it was just patrolling territory because it could have gotten one of my birds fairly easily.

Exciting news is that our youngest daughter, Lisa and her daughter, Amanda are coming for a short visit the last part of October. I have two office or desk sized refrigerators in my two offices at the churches and she is coming up to get one of them. The other is going to Julie. I do so love it when our girls come to visit. I'm never ready for their visits to end. We are very blessed to have a family that loves and likes one another. So many families don't have that luxury or blessing. My cousin Debbie and I are planning a Heumann family reunion on the 15th of October. Sadly enough, we cousins only see one another at funerals and we decided that that was no longer acceptable. I have one uncle and aunt left and he is 91 and she is 88. We need to visit while they are alive. And quite frankly, we cousins are in our upper 60's and lower 70's too. There is no guarantee that we'll be alive in another ten years either.

I suspect I better get cleaned up and start my day. I have writing to do and then this afternoon, Ms. Kate and I are going for pedicures. Yeh, I know ---- it's a hard life, but someone has to live it. Until tomorrow, I ask God to grant you a blessed day. I offer up prayers for those on our church prayer list and especially ask for comfort for the parents of the young man I did the funeral for yesterday. God is so good. Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment