Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Happy Wednesday. We have a 60 degree, cloudy morning with a few sprinkles on and off with showers promised during the day. Actually the longer I have set here, the darker the sky has become.

I apologize for not seeing you yesterday here in cyber land. It was such a beautiful day that I just couldn't make myself sit around and do nothing. But the result of my activities is that the lawns are mowed, a couple of flower beds are trimmed, leaves are raked and mulched, two loads of laundry done and bed sheets changed, and I fixed myself a breakfast of eggs, bacon, biscuits, and milk gravy. Not bad for for a senior moment energy burst. Today --- not so much. Today I'll spend writing, then to the churches, and this evening I have choir practice. However --- the best part of the day/evening is that Ms. Kate and Karen get home from Las Vegas tonight. They should be here around 2230 or so. I'll be glad to have her back home and my life will get back on an even keel.

Did you watch the Presidential debate on Monday night? I wasn't going to but with these two that are running, it was like you know it is going to be horrible and you don't want to see it, --- but you want to watch to see how bad it is going to get. It met all of my bad expectations. But what is worse is the aftermath of the debate on social media. The comments and viciousness and accusations have been terrible. I made one neutral comment that I was underwhelmed with the debates and wished there had been something better on TV and the added post comments  to my comment went on and on. One person wrote ten different comments in a rant for her candidates and against the rest of us who disagreed or were perceived to disagree with her. It is amazing how this election has polarized the nation. People we doing nasty things to one another, they are rising candidate support signs out of one another's yards and tearing up their property. A lady yesterday was actually filming herself as she was sitting waiting on a cop to talk to her. She was going on and on that all she did was slow down on front of this guys house and "exercise her first amendment rights" by yelling the "F" word at him and "give him the finger" because he had signs for that blankety blankety candidate, and then she was shocked that he actually got into his car and started following her and filming her. Her rant went on and on as she continued on about her first amendment rights and woud even listen to a single word the policeman was trying to say to her. It was so idiotic.

It is critical to this nation to get back to God and some serious knee bending prayer. We are a better nation than this. And frankly ---- I believe that 99% of the citizen of this nation are praying for peace and calm. But what the media, mainstream and social media, shows is only the erratic and sensational stuff because it sells. But --- today again I will offer a prayer for national spiritual healing.

I hope I didn't stir you up with my comments. I also pray that you will have a sunny day, physically and mentally, and that you will be flooded with the blessing and peace that come from God. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment