Wednesday, September 21, 2016

It is a sunny and warm Wednesday morning and is heading to 90 degrees today. My feeders are all freshly filled and there are lots of finches out there this morning having at them. A couple of larger woodpeckers are here and the cardinals have come and gone for a couple of hours. They will be back again in another hour.

I went out and got the hummingbird feeders yesterday and took them apart and cleaned them. The one feeder was completely dry and the other had turned sour. I guess the sunshine was making hummingbird wine out of the sugar water. Any way, the hummingbirds are all over the feeders this morning.

I don't have any squirrels this morning at least, not yet. I have told you that we have a couple of cats that wander through our back yard. For the most part they leave my birds alone. I lose more small birds to the hawk than I do to cats. But --- there is one dark colored cat that seems bound and determined to catch a squirrel and yesterday it actually "tagged" a squirrel. It did get a paw on the squirrel's tail before the squirrel was across the yard, up the pussy willow tree, and across my roof. If that cat actually catches one out here, there will be a heck of a battle out there in the yard and I suspect the cat will lose. Squirrels are nothing but fuzzy tailed nasty rats and when they are cornered they are mean as hell.

Ms. Kate made it Las Vegas just fine along with Karen. Tonight is "lobster night" for them. We have a favorite place out there that does a lobster special on Wednesday evenings that we try to not miss when we are in town. We have several places that have become favorites that we hit for eating and for playing the slot machines and to stay when we are there. Vegas has so many four and five star places to stay. She and I are going back again in December for a week and will be staying at the Wynn for the first three days. We jump around from hotel to hotel depending on where we get the best offers. Ms. Kate and Karen are staying at the Rio All Suites Resort now, and will move to Green Valley Ranch, and then to the TI for a couple of days each and I don't think they are paying for a single night's lodging the entire trip.

I guess I should head on up to the church and run the week's bulletins and the monthly newsletter. It will take me longer since I don't have my bulletin folding buddy with me. So, I'll just wish you a pleasant day full of warm thoughts and God's love. Until tomorrow --- peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment