Thursday, September 15, 2016

I'm a tired pup this morning. Got up way too early because I had my brain still running. I hate nights like that when you just never quite get shut down. The problem is that yesterday we bought Ms. Kate a new IPad Pro and we were still trying to set it up last night or this morning at 1230 am. She got it started with downloading all of her apps that she had on her old IPad and then it quit loading and there were 70 plus apps just sitting there "waiting" to load but it was doing nothing. Neither she nor I are gifted when it comes to technology. That would be my daughter Julie and Son-in-law John's area of expertise. But, I figured it had to be a setting somewhere that I needed to switch. So, I fiddled around with it and got it to start loading at 0645 this morning. But --- it wouldn't load a couple of her most favorites of course. But --- I just now had another thought and went in and tried something else and at least I got the app she really wanted to load. I'll tell you, --- some times with us two, it would be easier to stack BB's. I watch people and even children with these devises and their fingers fly over them and they seemingly can do anything with them. Me, --- I get it turned on and hope it doesn't crash. Forrest Gump would call it a box of chocolates cause I never know what I'm going to get.

But, I do love my IPad and my computer, and my laptop. I've been through all three versions of the Nook, and they currently just are sitting there on a shelf collecting dust. They were great for reading but not for much else. We generally take my laptop along with us when we travel. Ms. Kate plays this simulation game called Klondike and it doesn't play on tablets. You have to play it on laptops or a PC.  I sit here with my IPad on my lap and just type away at these blogs and have conversations with my kids and grandkids. It is a wonderful thing. Even as I write this I have a conversation running with my grandson Matthew down in North Carolina. How cool is that?? So, yes, we are quasi-geeky nerds with a lot of technology --- and we even know how to use some of it.

We had a spurt of sunshine for maybe a half an hour this morning and now it is clouding up and the sky is getting dark. My Weather Channel App and my Accuweather App both show rain moving in sometime in the next 30 minutes. That was not in my plan for today. I wanted to set that new arbor/trellis in today. I even went out last night on the way home from the church and the hospital visitation and picked up some Quickcrete to anchor it in. But the thunder and drizzle has now started so I guess new plans are in order.

The cardinals were here en masse foro awhile but now the back yard is deserted. I guess they are all taking shelter in the trees. Well, except for the hummingbird who just never quits buzzing and eating.

I'm off of here now. I hope your day is filled with good things. Call a friend today and say hi! It will brighten up the day for both of you. Blessings & Peace!


No comments:

Post a Comment