Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Happy Tuesday to you. It is a bright and beautiful morning that started off with a gorgeous sunrise.  Not that I was up to see it; --- but my cousin Debbie is up and walking every morning at sunrise and posts the sunrise pictures on Facebook. I'm so glad she saves me the early morning rise.

Well, the house is empty alreaady. I dropped Ms. Kate off at her sister Karen's house at 0900 and they are on their way to Nashville, TN to catch a plane to Las Vegas for a week. You know, if she were home, she would be back in her office on her computer and I would be out here in the sunporch. There would be no more "house sounds" going on than there is right now. But --- when she's gone the silence has a whole different characteristic to it. Did you ever notice that at your place?

At last I got the trellis/arbor put up. I called neighbor Dan early yesterday and he and I got it all leveled and plumbed and concreted in. Then we pulled the mailbox up and reset that so that it all looks great as a package now. And --- we only had to make one extra trip to Ace Hardware. I needed an extra bag of Quickcrete to set in the mailbox. All told, it only took us about three hours including the trip to the hardware store, full discussion of world politics and issues time, and finishing up with an adult beverage. Then after lunch, I got the weed eating and mowing all done which is really good since today is an ozone alert day and not a day I need to be out there working. I might venture out later and blow the leaves off of the back walk and out into the yard and then this evening mulch them up with the mower. And I also need to change the food out in the hummingbird feeders. Ms. Kate made up a fresh batch yesterday evening for me.

I think my next thing to do today though is fix some lunch or brunch. I thought about either stopping at Denny's on the way back from Karen's house or stopping at the Donut Bank and getting some sweet goodies but decided that I have plenty of food around here. Ms. Kate fixed up stuff for me to have this week and I can always fix something on my own. I'm not qualified to even think I can cook but I can get by. I'm thinking a couple of eggs, bacon, and toast with Ms. Kate's peach jelly sounds pretty good right about now. I'll most likely scramble the eggs since I always end up breaking the yokes anyway.

This afternoon I'll head downstairs to my office and get busy doing some sermon writing. I have nine more to write before I retire and they don't appear to be writing themselves. So, since my other work is done, and I have no place I need to go, it is time to get busy.

I hope your day is as sunny as it can be and your life is filled with blessing. Never forget that you never walk this life alone; God is always with you. If you stumble or lose your way -- ask for help. Help is what God does best and God never tires of it. Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment