Saturday, September 17, 2016

Buckets-o-rain! That's what we got last night and early this morning. But -- I looked at the radar just now and the sky is clear from here to Kansas. I haven't gone out to check the rain gauge yet this morning but I suspect I'll find it rained at least an inch.

And a good Saturday morning to you. Yes, I know I missed blogging yesterday  but I have a great excuse! --- I was lazy and just didn't feel like doing it. You know how those robo-callers and salesmen and survey takers call and you don't feel like listening to them so you just hang up? Well that was my attitude yesterday. I just kind of said; "Meh, ---- I'll write tomorrow."

I have lots of post-rain aviary activity going on this morning. All four hummingbirds are here zooming in and out. The cardinals are here in force. Some are on the feeders and several are on the ground. I have two or three downy woodpeckers flying in and out; several sparrows and house finches and a couple of gold finches. So the backyard buffet is a busy place this morning. From what I can see, I also need to fill the feeders this morning. I'd have to check back on my blogs, but I think this is the first time since maybe Monday that I have had to fill them. With fall harvest going on, they eat a lot of their food out in the fields. I did go out yesterday and dump out one of the bird baths because it was full of leaves and the water was really scuzzy. I need to do the same thing to the other two bird baths today. But, the leaves are starting to fall in earnest now so that is going to be an every other day event as a a minimum.

I started my day off with a doctor's appointment yesterday and then planned to get that new trellis/arbor set in the ground. But --- I had no more than contacted Dan for help and it started raining again. So, that project will now wait until Monday as a minimum. I need to give the soil a chance to dry out some before I start digging around in flowerbeds and next week so far is predicted to be a week of sunshine. And I absolutely need help to get it set in. However --- catching Dan when he's not taking Minh shopping, or picking up his grandkids, or playing golf, or somehow otherwise busy is a hard thing to do. It seems like he is never home.

I did some raking in the back yard and cleaned off the sidewalks yesterday and jumped on the JD and mulched all of that up and mowed my back yard. I need to mow the front too today but it will have to dry out a lot before I can do that. And, I need to run down to the gas station and fill up the gas can first. Speaking of running around --- I just took Ms. Kate in a cup of coffee and yes --- there is a list of places we need to go today. So, I need to finish my coffee, get cleaned up and ready for my Saturday adventures. So, until Monday --- I pray you will have a glorious weekend filled with good things and lot's of God's blessings. Don't forget to take time to be grateful to HIm for those blessings. Blessings and Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment