Friday, September 9, 2016

Happy Friday morning to you. It's the end of the week for some and a well armed couple of days off before you start the rat race all over again. However, for some of us --- it is the beginning of a couple of very busy days, --- so, I'm enjoying my quiet time here in the sun room with my cup of coffee and a little soft theme music by Andre Reiu.

It is a cloudy morning with light rain on and off. I woke to the rumble of thunder that sounded as though it was going to go on forever. This could easily be a nap in the recliner morning if we didn't have a bunch of work to do. Tomorrow morning Ms. Kate and I are going to host the Harvest breakfast up at the church. It starts at 0730 which means people will start coming in by 0700. That means we will have to be there no later that 0530 to get things going. Today we need to finish the shopping for it and go do a bunch of prep work. Bless Ms. Kate's heart, she worked so hard yesterday trying to cook the potatoes that we bought for this thing. We picked up several pounds of potatoes at Sam's and they just didn't turn out well at all. She boiled them in order to prep them for fried potatoes but  when she tried to peel them they turned out dark colored and just looked terrible. Last night for supper she fried some of them up as a trial for tomorrow and they just kind of crumbled when we stuck a fork in them, and they didn't taste all that good. I don't know what the problem was with those particular potatoes. We probably should have bought some smaller red ones instead. So, we tossed them all out and today we'll find a plan "B". I told her to not worry about it; we will just go pick up a couple of bags of Ore Ida frozen hash browns and fix those. After all, most people will simply cover them with milk gravy anyway. I just hated that she put in that work to no avail.

Last evening I attended a meeting of the search committee as they go about the process of finding a new pastor. Their search is really two pronged. They have to solve the issues surrounding having a interim pastor to be there and start preaching and being their pastor on December 4th and then they need to find a pastor for the long term. It isn't an easy task and time is the utmost importance. Right now they need to get their profile together so the Associate Conference Minister can advertise and find suitable candidates for them. After I got home last night I sent them a bunch of stuff that I thought they could use. I pray they will find just the right person for the job. They are wonderful people and they deserve a pastor that will love them and offer them spiritual guidance to the best of his or her ability.

The critters all seem to be enjoying these showers this morning except for the squirrel who seems to be having a problem climbing a wet slick pole. It jumps up, and slides back down. It's good entertainment. The temperature is lower this morning and that seems to be bringing everyone back to the buffet despite the rain drops. Last night I had my little skunk buddy just outside the back door again cleaning up birdfeeders residual that was on the ground. Needless to say, I just watched from in here and let him be.

So, that is it for Friday morning. I hope your weekend is blessed and full of God's joy. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment