Saturday, October 1, 2016

Saturday, October 1st! Wow, this year just keeps rolling on doesn't it? It looks like an October morning out there. I took the mail out to tthe box and the air is damp this morning. It is 62 degrees and just a tad foggy. Everything is wet this morning out side because apparently it rained again through the night at some point.

The backyard guests are here; plenty of cardinals and finches and a couple of downy woodpeckers.  The hummingbird is busy. I think we may be down to only one again. I haven't seen any aerial battles the last couple of days between hummingbirds. It is possible that the others have already migrated to warmer climates. I can't say that I would blame them for getting started. Most of our hummingbirds allegedly migrate from northern Mexico and Arizona. I find that fascinating that they do that twice a year. I think that would be the equivalent of me walking to Russia twice a year. God's creations are amazing. I watch a lot of National Geographic and Animal Planet shows and I'm amazed at the migration of the animals in Africa. For a thousand years or more, these animals have walked the same paths, crossed the same rivers following the rain and the grass. They cross the same streams where the crocodiles have been waiting for centuries. God certainly created a wonderful world. I just hope man doesn't destroy it completely. Where there were thousands of elephants there are now only hundreds due the destructive and greedy nature of mankind. But --- everybody and everything is safe here in the backyard unless a hawk or a cat comes through. Heck, I don't even mind the possum that comes here at night at all because they will kill the voles that like to come out at night as well as other things. I'd prefer the skunks went elsewhere but they don't bother much' and I certainly don't bother them. As I have said before, my only concern is that when the girls bring their dogs here that they will run into one of them when they are let out at night to pee.

I don't think we have much on or "to do" list today. I know we are going to Target and do a little shopping. We have a list of things that we have been putting off going to the store for simply because we didn't want to go shopping. But, I think today is the day to get it done. Maybe this afternoon we'll catch up on some of the shows we have recorded. We also have several movies that we have bought and never watched. Kind of silly of us, isn't it. And there is a movie on at the Royal Suites Theater that we want to see, so that is a possibility too. One just never knows what we are going to do. I should maybe go down to my office and start putting together the funeral that I have to do next week, but I can do that tomorrow afternoon and Monday. I need to take advantage of having a day off before I retire and don't get anymore days off!

That's it for today. Time to refill the coffee cup and check on Ms. Kate's coffee cup status to see if she need a refill. I hope your day is fully blessed. Take time tomorrow or today and attend your church. Gathering as a congregation to give praise to the Lord just adds volumes to the experience. And --- if you don't get there; know that I have prayed for you. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment