Thursday, September 22, 2016

It is the first day of fall and is going to feel like the summer we never had. Today is another ozone alert day which for us non-breathers mean keep your butt in the house. I do need to go get a haircut and I need to go pick up a couple of things at the grocery store but I'll have to think about that. Perhaps tomorow will be a better breathing day. Actually, I use my inhalers and it isn't that bad for me as long as I'm not mowing grass and breathing in the dust and stuff. I should wear a mask when I mow but everytime I do, my glasses fog up and I can't see. (Don't I live such a hard life???) Besides, riding my John Deere and wearing a dust mask just wouldn't look cool. And, I do have an image to maintain. LOL

I talked to Ms, Kate last night and she and Karen are having fun and they aren't broke. Actually, she went to the Coach Outlet yesterday and even picked up a couple of belts for me. I can usually tell if she is doing good out there because she goes to Coach and buys another purse or two. They had been for their lobster dinner and then they were shopping. Karen was in Saks Fifth Avenue while Ms. Kate just kind of kept a check on the parking meter. Ms. Kate isn't really a shopper except for her specific stores. But walking around a mall, going into every store just isn't our thing. We have a good mall here in town and I don't think we have been in it in at least three years and maybe longer. Heck we waited seemingly forever for the new Meijer Store to come to Evansville and it finally has. But --- we haven't been beyond the grocery section yet. I think the older a person gets --- the more "fuddy-duddy" they get. We focus more on needs verses wants.

The hummingbird and a honey bee are having a real battle this morning at one of the feeders. They keep trying to chase one another away. From the looks of it, I may have to refill that feeder again by tomorrow. It seems to be getting a little low. Perhaps it seems that way because I didn't put as much in this last time. I have lots of small birds here this morning and a couple of cardinals. I haven't seen any doves in the past couple of days --- and as I wrote that sentence; one walked up to the door and looked in as if to say, "we're still here". I almost always have doves here year around. I haven't seen a mocking bird for a couple of weeks and I haven't had my Pilated Woodpecker back for a couple of months. But, the aviary crew will start to change over as it actually starts to get cooler and or colder.

I think it is time for me to fix myself some breakfast and then maybe go get my haircut. Or, maybe I'll just go downstairs to my office and get busy after I eat. Hey --- I'm just a wild man  rambling loose!

But first, I'm taking time to give thanks for the wealth of blessings that God heaps on me every day. God is so very good and I am so very blessed. See ya' tomorrow. Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment