Tuesday, September 13, 2016

It's bright. It's crisp. And -- it's beautiful outside. What a glorious morning already. I say "Thank you, Lord for this beautiful day."

My feathered friends are here  this morning having breakfast at the buffet. It is a little early for the cardinals. Give them another half an hour before they show up en masse. Mostly at the moment I have the finches in here, They eat, they chirp and squabble, they go to the bird bath and drink and then they repeat the process. One would almost think they were traveling together except there are several different kinds of them; gold finches, house finches, and sparrows, all just doing what nature has them do. Mr. Fuss-a-lot was here for a few minutes. He keeps coming back to a certain feeder as though he has claimed it for his own. It is a suet feeder and it is suction cupped to the glass. He lands on that thing and starts pecking at the suet really aggressively. It sounds like someone is thumping on the window. The first few times I heard that, I didn't realize what it was and I kept wondering what was knocking on my house?

I see that my bunch of egg shells that I put in the flowerbed is disappearing. It could be either Lil' Stinker visited again last night or it could be that some of the birds are eating them. I know they like to do that. We have put egg shells out there before specifically for that purpose. But considering how many have disappeared since last evening, I'll put my money on that little skunk I call Lil' Stinker.

I spent the day writing yesterday. I finished the sermon I was working on, and I finished putting together my bulletin for the 25th of September which included the newsletter for October. So, I think today, other than to play my silly computer games; Criminal Case and Bingo Blast, I think maybe I'll stay off of the computer down in my office and get outside and enjoy this fall day in a flowerbed. Ms. Kate and I also have to run to Target sometime this morning and to the bank. I should get ready early this morning and go do that. Then I can not worry about getting dirty and having to clean up to go somewhere.

And --- the cardinals are right on schedule. I have six out there at the moment and the sun is hitting them just right to add some brilliant red to the back yard color pallet. They and the gold finches are the bright spots of the morning out there.

My coffee cup is empty. That isn't a good thing. I think I'll go refill it, and check on Ms. Kate to see what she is doing. Maybe she'll want to go out for breakfast and then to Target. But first, fill the coffee cup, and then come back out here to the porch and watch all of God's critters enjoy their breakfast and sit and give thanks for a wealth of blessings that flow to me every day. God is so very good, and my life is so very blessed. I'l lift you up in prayer again today, so if your day isn't going as well as you had hoped --- know that I have said a prayer for you. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment