Monday, September 19, 2016

There is certainly nothing cloudy or dowdy about this morning. The sun is shining brightly and the Lord has said "Good Morning" through the sound of birds singing this morning. The yard is full of cardinals this morning already as well as finches and sparrows. I see that a lot more leaves fell over the day yesterday but it is only the beginning of what will be coming down. It is 64 degrees this morning and only gong to 83 today. Actually the first day of fall is this week. However, I suspect we will have many more days that will seem more like summer than fall. It doesn't take much more than a light breeze though and the leaves look like large snowflakes coming down.

The hummingbirds are jousting with the honeybees for nectar from the hummingbird feeders. The little birds chase the bees just like they chase one another away from the feeders. So there is constant commotion around those feeders. The migratory birds are starting to come through. Nuthatches, and titmouse are showing up once again. They were last here in the spring. And haven't been around since.

Ms. Kate is up and doing a load of laundry this morning already. That is because she is packing her suitcase for a sister's week away in Vegas once again. She and Karen head out tomorrow for a week in Las Vegas filled with shopping and slot machines, and sister talk. They used to do this about once a quarter but I think age is starting to catch up with them. Karen is just a month younger than me and I know I don't get around like I used to. But --- I think she can outwork me. She spends so much time working in her flowerbeds and yard. We hardly ever go there that she isn't out in her yard doing something. Not only that but ---- her John Deere is bigger than mine too.

Speaking of yard work, I need to get my string trimmer out and clean up around the front flowerbeds and then jump on the mower and mow the yards. And, --- if Dan is available, I'd like to get that trellis / arbor set in today. The weather is perfect for it. If he isn't available, maybe Ms. Kate can help me carry it down to the street and we'll stand it up so I can mark the location for the post holes and get my digging done. There is a bunch of prep work I need to do before I actually set the thing in place. I need to dig down and level the area because my whole front yard is on a hill, and I have a couple of lilies and some Iris to move too. Nothing is ever simple.

Attendance at church was a bit slim yesterday as the farming  and harvest is in full swing. The guys say the harvest isn't too bad this year, Of course, last year was a bumper crop so while this year isn't as good, -- not every year can be a bumper crop. We just give God thanks for whatever comes out of the fields. My concern is always that they have a safe harvest.

My second cup off coffee is almost gone and I need to disembark my recliner and get some work done. I pray your day will be full of sunshine and God's love and grace. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment