Friday, September 23, 2016

Finally Friday and it is a hot one too.  We are under another day of ozone alert so I'm resigned to staying in again today. I'm not sure just what I'll do today. I could go back down to the office but I'm supposed to be on my day off. I have some movies here that are still in the wrapper that I could watch. Or, I have books to read but I'm saving them for December.

My yard was full of cardinals this morning. I think there was at least twenty out there. And, unfortunately --- the blackbirds and starlings have returned too. Right now there are only a couple that are coming in but the numbers will grow as they migrate. Then they will be here all winter because I run the best buffet in the neighborhood. I can see at least five feeders that need refilling including one of the hummimgbird feeders. I still have some of the food that Ms. Kate mixed up. I also need t add water to the bird bath because the cardinals and the blackbird splash it all out.

I was up at 0330 this morning for some unknown reason so I came out to the sunporch for a while. There just outside the porch door was out little skunk again. It was cleaning up some of the residual stuff on the ground from one of the bird feeders. I watched it for a few moments and then knocked on the glass. It waddled on off through the yard. I just hope that when one of the girls come and bring their dogs that they don't run into it at night when they are let out to pee. We do not need that in the house.

Any way --- I sat up for awhile and then went back to bed around 0430. So it has been a lazy day. Neighbor Dan called me this morning and invited me over for breakfast which I thought was a nice thing to do. His wife fixed an egg/ham/onion dish that was pretty good and we had toast and bacon to go with it. I had already had my banana and coffee so this was an extra treat that means I don't need to eat until supper time.

I wrote another sermon yesterday. That's two in three days. I just need to keep on it and get them done. One never knows what the day is going to bring so I try to stay ahead of the game.

That's about it for today. I talked to Ms. Kate and she is moving to the Treasure Island (TI) hotel today and will be there for two nights. They were on their way to the Bellagio Resort when she was texting me. It's hard to keep up with those two.

Have a great weekend, Do something fun and enjoy life. Give the Creator thanksgiving for the days you are allowed to continue to live on this planet surrounded by people who love you. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment