Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Happy mid-week! It is a interesting morning around the back yard. I don't have an awful lot of birds this morning because there is a cat in the yard again. We went a full decade around here without stray animals running through our yard. Oh, there was the occasional cat that wandered through but nothing regular. Now it seems that everyday there is one in the yard. The strange thing is that they seem much more interested in trying to catch one of the squirrels than they do the birds. You can bet that if one of those cats ever actually catches one of those squirrels, --- that is going to be one heck of a battle and the cat will most likely come out on the losing end. But, not my problem, --- just my entertainment.

I'm sending prayers up this morning for a part-time parishioner. She and her husband attend our church sometimes and they sometimes sing in the choir, but they have their own church that they are very active in. Our church is closer to where they live. --- So, in this case, being a part-time parishioner is a very good thing, and we are glad to have them. Anyway, she is having a double mastectomy this morning. The thing hat absolutely amazes me is that they plan to only keep her over one night in the hospital. I talked to her daughter this morning through texting, and she said the doctors feel that the sooner she is up and moving, the better. Isn't this major surgery??? I was in the hospital for several days just for an asthma attack and pneumonia. This lady is having parts of her body removed and they are going to send her home  tomorrow. I don't understand that at all but I will assume they know what the are doing and pray for the best.

I kept my promise to myself yesterday and stayed off of the office computer except to play my two games. I did some work out in the flower beds but I also spent a great deal of time in my garage. I actually cleaned off my work bench for the first time in several months. I put together a new arbor trellis to go over my mail box. Now, I have to get it put up and that won't be done today because first of all it is supposed to rain this afternoon and also today is work at the church day. Maybe tomorrow I can get out there and do it if I can get some help from neighbor Dan. I also need to pick up some Quickcrete to put it in. It is a lot bigger than the one I built last time and took down a few weeks ago. That one lasted us about 10 or 12 years.

Ms. Kate just brought me a plate of cookies and refilled my coffee cup so I'm getting off of here and am going to enjoy that with her here in the sunporch while we watch the critters that are now moving into their own buffet. I hope you have a great day. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment