Wednesday, September 7, 2016

"Summertime and the livin' is easy." So says the song anyway. I can believe it on a morning like this. It is a warm, sunny 75 degrees already and heading to 93. The bees are buzzing, especially around the openings to my hummingbird feeders. The hummingbirds are having to dodge them as they constantly fly in and out for some food. The birdbaths have also been busy this morning. There was literally a ring of birds sitting on the rim of one of them getting their drinks. Over on the other one, a Cardinal was in for a bath and splashing water everywhere.

Mr. Fuss-a-lot is here this morning and is trying to decide which feeder it wants to eat from I guess. It just kind of sits there looking around. I have a couple of seed cylinders that are made up of berries and nuts and seed that the blue jay particularly likes. It will come in and grab a big chunk of nut off of the cylinder and fly off. However, he chipped the last of that one away yesterday and the feeder is empty. So now, it is decisions - decisions.

Almost all of the blossoms on the phlox are gone now. The only blooms left around the yard are a few roses, a little phlox, and the white climatis, which is blooming profusely. By the end of September it will be time to be cutting back the peonies and cleaning up flowerbeds for winter. Then it will be time to start raking and mulching the falling leaves again. I told you that my pussy willow tree was losing leaves; well it is really thin now. If I get far enough ahead in my church work, I think I should go get a couple of loads of mulch and put around for winter. But it will have to get cooler before I can get out there. What would be an ideal situation for me --- would be if my middle grandson, Matthew, could come up for a week or so this fall and give me a hand preparing the place for winter. But, he has a job, and the likelihood of that happening is remote. But it would make for some good bonding time.

So, --- I was sitting here and I noticed a lot of movement in the hydrangea bush out there. I didn't know if it was a bird or what that was causing everything to be waving around. So, I checked it out and it was a cat that had hunkered down in there to wait for a bird to land in there. It quickly did a "Yikes!" And it took off when I opened the door.

Ms. Kate and I each got some good work done yesterday, although different than what was on the list to do. We literally didn't get out of our sweats and jammies all day until evening. I spent the day at my computer working and she spent the day making peach jam and other great things like that. So, today is Wednesday and that means an afternoon at the church, going and doing our banking, and doing some shopping, and taking her to get her bloodwork done etc. Yep, it's going to be busy today so I better get on with it. I pray your day will be as bright as the sun and blessing filled. Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment