Friday, May 1, 2015

It is a marvelous day outside; 50° and going up to 71°, and there is wall to wall sushine this morning. The really good news is that the forecast calls for a full week of this kind of weather.

My yards are mowed and my bird feeders are filled. We made it to the nursery yesterday and picked up some more plants including one tree peony. I have several chores on my list for today. Ms. Kate and I both have optometry appointments around noon so that kind of puts a kink in the hose because they will dialate our eyes, but that will only be a temporary setback. Unfortunately, I think we will both need new glasses. We've not had to get new ones for three or four years but we have both reached the age when eyes change. Also fortunately, although we both have the onset of cataracts, they haven't progressed, or so we think.

I also need to go get the license tags for the cars and while I'm there I hope to get my driver's license renewed. It comes due in July and Ms. Kate's comes due in December. The last time they let us go ahead and get them early. The local DMV that we go to has always been a pleasant place to deal with. We've been to DMVs in other places and states that were a nightmare to deal with.

I need to go to Lowes and pick up a bag of peat moss and several bags of potting soil. I hope to get the garden tilled today and I have roses and tomatos that I need to plant today. This is exactly the weather we have been waiting for so I got to make use of what God has provided.

Our daughter Lisa called this morning with the news that our granddaughter Amanda has shingles on her eyelid and a small streak on her face. Bless her heart; I feel so bad for her. She is only 19 which means she has a lot of years left to deal with reoccurances of that. Ms. Kate has had them as well as several people that we know, and everyone of them talks about how painful they can be. So, say a prayer for her if you will.

Today my sister and brother-in-law celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary. God has truly given them a gift because we were not sure that Byron's cancer progression would allow that to happen. But it has and they are celebrating it with a trip to the Black Hills in South Dakota. It was a trip he really wanted to make and they went with some friends of their's which will increase the joy of the trip. Congratulations to them and all praise to God for making this trip possible for them. I offer up prayers for them this morning too that they will be able to celebrate many more anniversaries too.

It is time for me to get busy. I don't want to waste a minute of this beautiful day God has provided. The birds are singing invitations to come outside and join them. I hope you have as beautiful a day as we are and if you do; thank God who made that happen and if you have time to do thing else, --- go outside and breathe in the Holy Spirit. It will brighten your very soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment