Friday, May 8, 2015

I have sleepy eyes this morning. It is so peaceful and comfortable out here that my eyes seem to have a mind of their own and want to stay closed. I rolled out of bed a bit earlier this morning for no known reason so while my body is up, I think my mind and eyes are in collusion to sabatage the effort. But, sunshine and Folgers will sort that all out.

Can yoou believe the barkbutter feeders are empty again? This is an every other day thing with these guys. It is the darn starlings that continually keep them empty. There are a half dozen of them out here this morning looking for barkbutter. Now when the woodpeckers come in there will be nothing for them. Sorry guys, blame your buddies. Mr. Fuss a lot, the buejay is back today. I haven't seen him for awhile. And the robins are here for their Friday morning bath.

We got no yard work done yesterday. Instead, we went to Sam's and bought a bunch of stuff. And we went to the churches and took care of business there. That generally takes four hours out of the day including the drive up and back. But, it is always good quality time with just me and Ms. Kate. One would think that we are always together since I work from home most of the time but that isn't so. We are seldom in the same room. She has her office/craft room where she does her card making and scrapbooking and her computer. I have my office downstairs in the basement and the basement is set up nicely with a family room type setting and bed room setting too. It is a great place when all of the family comes in to give them privacy. I wish there were a bathroom down there, although Ms. Kate says she would never see me then. She and I seldom watch television together because we have totally different interests when it comes to television. I watch all things HGTV, Food Channel, History Channel, and Sci-Fi. She watches major networks and all things Law and Order, NCIS, Criminal Minds. We come together at Swamp People time and a few other shows. Basically, she likes to get involved with shows with a plot and I like shows with just fluff and don't need a plot because odds are I'll channel flip through it anyway.

Julie and Jim and the pupperonis are coming over this weekend. We aren't sure if it will be this evening yet or tomorrow morning. They are coming over to celebrate Mother's Day with Ms. Kate. It is always so great to have them here. I wish all of our girls lived this close. I do envy people who get to see their kids and grandkids on a regular basis. I hope they truly appreciate what a blessing that is. On the other hand, through the computer messaging and texting, I probably talk to all of ours more than many who have kids just around the block.

The iris are really coming on beautifully now, not just in our yard, but everywhere we drive we see flowerbeds full of beautiful flowers. It is just a constant reminder of the glory that is God.  So, I offer my prayers this morning with thanks for this beautiful world God has created. I also offer my prayers this morning for comfort and safety for the people who are in the paths of the numerous storms that are sweeping across the country. I lift up the people of Nepal again today as they continue to dig through the rubble that was their home prior to the devasting earthquakes last week in that region. So many lives lost and destroyed.  I pray God's peace and protection for them. And I pray for you, my readers this morning. I hope your day id verflowing with love, peace, and joy. Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment