Wednesday, May 6, 2015

There are no empty feeders this morning as I sit down with my coffee cup. One of the last things I did last evening before I came inside was to make sure everything was topped off. The downy woodpeckers were at it right away last evening after I filled the bark butter feeders. This morning of course, it is the starlings that are coming back and forth to those feeders. And --- the squirrels are happy too that there is a grand choice of feeder from which to partake.

We put roses in the ground yesterday as well as several of the plants that Ms. Kate had bought. I dug up a whole lot of daffodils from where we needed to put the new rose bushes. Now --- I need to create a new flower bed for daffodils. We have a spot in mind and I think it will look great next spring. We have an area along the north fence line of the yard that seems to only grow violets. I need to get in there and clean that up and then we'll put a daffodil bed in there. I have a lot more daffodils that need to be thinned out. If I don't, they will just continue to choke one another out and will quit blooming. It is the same thing we need to do with the lilies once in awhile. My mother -in-law once told Ms. Kate that if she keeps planting flowers, pretty soon we won't have to mow at all. I'll say this; mowing is a lot less trouble.

So, yesterday we went to the bird feed place and I kept the purchases to a minimum. Right now I don't particularly need to be feeding high energy suet and that kind of stuff. And, although I did use my last cylinder block of food yesterday, I've moved the feeder so that it will be a lot more difficult for the squirrels to eat from and the raccoons and opossums shouldn't be able to hang on to something and eat from that feeder either. Of course --- I've been wrong about all of that before.

Today I need to get back out there and finish planting these new plants we bought. Then I need to go get the new lens put in my glasses. Maybe I'll finally be able to quit squinting and holding my head at weird angles to see this computer screen. Bifocals will make you do silly things when trying to get things lined up just right. One would think I would have it all down pat by now. I've worn bifocals now for thirty years. I use the "no-line" kind and have forever. I'd probably trip over sidewalk cracks if I had to use bifocal with lines in them.

God has provided yet another beautiful morning for us. It was already 68 degrees when I went out to the sunporch and the sun was shining brightly. I also mowed last evening so the backyard was ready for inspection and visitors. This is such a beautiful time of the year. I don't understand how anyone could look at God's wonderful creation without a sense if humbleness. As the song goes, "Our God is an awesome God. He reigns from Heaven above." That little line runs through my head most every morning that I have the privilege to sit out here and take it all in. I just feel so very blessed. My daughter Julie posted a line this morning about choosing how your day will go and said she chooses to be happy today. That's my kiddo! I choose the same thing and I truly hope you will too. God has just draped you with a bundle of blessings. Give thanks for them today and stay in contact with the Lord Almighty.

No comments:

Post a Comment