Monday, May 11, 2015

The sound of thunder and pouring rain woke me this morning. Or maybe --- it was the whisper of the Holy Spirit saying; " get out of bed you lazy loot; you got work to do." Which ever it was, --- I'm up and it isn't raining now. In fact, the sun is trying to break through. We are supposed to be having storms on and off today as this cold front moves through the area. We are so blessed to not have any of the terrible storms that have been plagueing the center of the country.

And a happy Monday morning to you. It is a brand new week and from the looks of my weekly schedule, it is going to be a rather busy week. Today the contractor is supposed to bring a concrete pad and the new generator and set those in place. I don't know if it will be affected by the rain or not. Beyond that, I"ll spend the day writing. We have a vacation coming up next month and I need to try working ahead some. Tomorrow I'll have the monthly Pastor's Circle meeting. Saturday we have the annual Tri-State Association Spring Meeting, so, that means I lose another day off. Thursday is dental cleaning day --- yuk!  Actually I don't mind the cleaning process that much. What I hate, and am due for on this visit, is the routine they do to check your gum lines. I'm not sure what kind of probe thing they do but it isn't pleasant. This is 2015; where is the Star Trek little round thingy that they just run along the outside of your body and it tells you everything that is wrong with you? Come to think of it; --- in all of the Star Trek shows or movies, --- did anyone ever have dental work done? Things that make you go; --- Hmmmmm!

Yesterday was Mother's Day. Julie and Jim came over on Friday evening and spent the weekend with us. After church yesterday we went to our favorite resturant for lunch. The church services weren't packed yesterday but they were well attended. Lots of visitors were in to celebrate with their mothers. The celebration will continue at St. Lucas with the annual Mother/Daughter banquet this Wednesday evening. Two of our ladies sang a duet at St. Lucas during the service yesterday and they did a wonderful job of it. We have a lot of talent in the parish that goes untapped because people don't want to display it. I've never really understood that because I guess I've always found it easy to stand in front of people and play music or sing or speak. I'm hoping that this summer I can get some special performances lined up for the combined worship services.

I had to stop my blog for a few moments because I just had to go fill my bark butter feeders. I had heard a red-headed woodpecker calling out there for some time and I noticed when I came out here this morning that those feeders were empty once again. But, --- I looked up from my tablet and saw a woodpecker straining to the point of shaking to reach the cylinder of feed that is caged in. He was simply too big to fit through the grid and his neck and beak wouldn't quite reach the food. It was pathetic. So, I've filled the bark butter feeders and of course the first ones to land on them was the starlings. Oh well, God made the starlings too, --- but I don't know why.

I offer my thanks and praises up again for the blessings in my life and the loving family I am surrounded by. In the spirit of Mother's Day, I give God thanks for the wonderful mother God provided four our kids. Ms. Kate is the pattern for moms and I and the girls love her with all our heart.

Have a most blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment